The New Cancuncare Forum

Discussion in 'Forum Support' started by Steve, Feb 2, 2017.

1. krimmer2

krimmer2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Not being bombarded with tapatalk ads is a great thing,the big forum page is much better,nice new look x

2. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    On the top right of the advertisement there it a X click it and the add will go away.

T

3. LEMO

LEMO Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +353 / 0
    We used to be able to look at the list and any threads that had new posts since our last visit would appear bold.

Has anyone determined if there is an equivalent?

4. Donna & Tim

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    On the main page the folder to the left will be orange showing something new has happened since your last visit. After you get into the threads/discussions there is a little blue mark on the right side click on it and it will take you to your last read post/message. It really doesn't stand out but once you find it once its easy to see after that.

T

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  5. LEMO

LEMO Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +353 / 0
    Perfect!

In addition, if you hover over the "Forum" button at the top, you'll get an option to "Mark all read". This allows for a fresh start, without all appearing as unread.

Thanks!

6. Donna & Tim

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    People who are online will have a green mark on upper left side of their avatar pic.

T

7. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Already in here, schmoozing the owner, making things harder for the rest of us.... Mr. 1st Post on New Website type guy...

I'd have been in here too, but for going out to Happy Hour, and having Big Brews at my new favorite place for Big Brews (because it's within walking distance form Stacia & I's house) Big City Wings.

Steve, to ease your mind, this website is set up exactly like another board I'm on, MartialArtsTalk.com, so I was pleased to note that as soon as I logged in today. This will be easy-peasy.

8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Steve, in digging a bit deeper, a couple features which you've probably just not yet "pushed the button" to activate...

The "New Posts" link, which used to appear on every page of the forum, which short-cut to a search results page of all new posts since the user last logged-in.... that's not on yet and it is primarily how I find out who's said what since the last time.

Next, and this is an assumption as to the board software since it appears so similar to martialArtsTalk.com, do you see functionality called "Alerts," on your admin ontrols?

It pops up a link on the user's page when they're on the page about when someone replies to one of their posts, replies to a thread they are following, quotes a user's posts, likes, agrees with, etc one of a user's posts. It's a very useful thing for causing interaction amoungst the users.

For example, if I write one of my Questions being Answered posts, and Donald clicks Disagree with what I wrote, the system can unobtrusively indicate that to me so I can go read what Donald posted to debunk the apparently-mythical info I just posted as truth... or if someone posts a hilarious pic on a thread, and it's replied to/quoted, it works its way through the user community in that way, as well as being resident on the thread.

The first is my main tool for figuring out what is "new" and to which I should focus my attention; the second is for everyone, to draw their attention back to something that happened "in their wake," so to speak.

9. Donna & Tim

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    Something about posts comes up on the blue Home Forums Media Members header but doesn't stay there long enough to use it. I only see this happen when using a computer, I don't see this come up when using my Android phone.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. dioxide45

dioxide45 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Alerts are there, not very prominent though. There is a little orange bell in the top middle where you can view Alerts. I think if you have new alerts, the number of them will appear beside the bell. You can manage alert preferences by hovering over the bell until the drop down appears.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice