"The fast and the Furious" Mayweather v Hatton

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by YamYamMan, Dec 6, 2007.

1. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    like I said............. mayweather stomped hatton, wasn't even a fight!

2. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im guessing you didn't watch it then because it was far from a stomping

Good fight the better guy won on the night granted

3. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    of course I watched it! I have free pay per view! Hatton is a bull, not doubt about it! Mayweather was picking him apart, but hatton kept coming back and coming back until finally in the 10th mayweather KO'd him! Was an ok fight but there wasn't anything there that made me worry that hatton was going to actually win. A good fight nevertheless.

4. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mayweather only made any inways round 9-10 when hatton became very sloppy and seemed desperate for knockout.As he knew mayweather was up on points partly due to deductions meaning knockout was the only way he was going to win. but it made him sloppy and gaps allover for mayweather to exploit. He needs to control his aggression as he ran in like a man posessed when abit of composure would have helped him welterweight is deffinatly not high weight to be honest hes a ligh welter naturally but he owned everyone at light welter so has to challenge himself further but it 1 too far.

the one-sided refereeing made the fight suit Mayweather from the beginning and brought about Mayweather's dominance sooner than would probably have happened if there had been a proper ref.

The regular interventions and seperations meant that Mayweather could take regular breathers while Hatton had to repeatedly make his way in close, taking more punches in the process than he would have done had they not been parted so often. Ultimately Hatton wore down too early and Mayweather was fresh throughout

boooo! ha

The MMA fight was better

5. Fun Johnny

Fun Johnny Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well I will say this, Hatton was far more competitive than I thought he would be...he held true to the hype and pressed the action as expected, just lost to the best fighter out there and there is no shame in that.

I was actually in Vegas and watched the fight at the MGM Grand Ballroom with about 3000 British fans that made this by far the best boxing event experience of my life...the only problem was when the British booed our national anthem which was disgraceful. I never expected that at all.

As for Hatton fighting De La Hoya accross the pond, that will not happen, in fact there is already talk of Oscar fighting Hatton here in Los Angeles at Dodger Stadium. I think that would be a great fight as well, but let me tell you this, De La Hoya is the most marketable fighter alive, and he will pick where he fights, not the other way around.

6. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Read somewhere de la hoya wanted to come UK to fight.
    Its hard to say how hed go though his natural weight is light welterweight but only person who perhaps would give him a fight atall is junior whitter. But the guys hes fighting are much bigger in welterweight which takes out his power which he depends on!

7. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    and this.....my friends, is why MMA is taking over boxing :lol: :lol:

8. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think the fact that all the fights featuring the big name boxers are either on pay cable (HBO/Showtime) or more often PPV is a huge reason that boxing is declining in popularity also.

The biggest boxing matches used to be viewable by most fans.

Now, as soon as a boxer has any kind of drawing power at all, he's put on the PPV card.

It seems, unfortunately, that MMA is also moving in that direction. Just last year I could see a lot more big name UFC fighters on Spike TV. Now it seems like more reality shows with up and coming fighters, and less marquee fights on basic cable. You have to buy the monthly PPV event now, and casual fans who have been watching UFC for 10 years like me are not going to fork over $50 to see an event on a saturday night.

9. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    hooters puts all the PPV events on their tv's for everyone, so thats where we usually head for the MMA fights!

10. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's not why you head to hooters :lol: :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice