"The fast and the Furious" Mayweather v Hatton

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by YamYamMan, Dec 6, 2007.

1. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Respect where it's due Mayweather was very good! I thought Cortez reffed the match poorly though his decisions made hatton chase more than he needed to which is what lost him the match, chasing and throwing too many punches

Great Boxing but how poor were the undercards jesus christ the manfredo lacy match was almost unbearably oring

Hatton did himself and the country proud, will boxing ever seea crowd like that again...that was crazy

2. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It all went wrong for hatton after that point deduction it made him play catchup throwing wild shots and not being patient which ended up being the undoing as he got caught with that big one as he was swinging himself. He was always going to be at a disadvantage going up the weight think mayweather a touch too big. Cortez deffinatly getting involved far too much though.

3. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Rik.. you're right about the undercard...

3 of the most unwatchable fights, especially for such a huge event.

At least Hatton & Mayweather put on a show...

4. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    best fight of the night was by far Roger Huerta/Clay Guida from the Ultimate Fighter finale....if you're into MMA at all you should probably check it out

5. EnglishButler

EnglishButler Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gutted for Hatton,

End of the day respect has to be given to Mayweather (It angers me to say that!), he was the better fighter on the day. The 8th round was where it all started to go severly wrong, second half of hte fight you could really see Ricky getting tired.

Surely Mayweather has no one else to beat now.

Hope Ricky can have a fight with Del a Hoya over here. Then maybe bring Mayweather to the UK.

At the end of the fight it looked as though Mayweather went up to Hatton and said it was the best fight he had ever had.

What a rubbish year for English sport. :(

English Football = Awful
    Lewis Hamilton = 2nd after blowing the championship
    English Rugby = lost in world cup final
    Cricket = Embaressing in the Ashes

and now Hatton. Here's to a good 2008...

6. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did see that fight and it was a good one! the bar I went to wasnt showing the Mayweather/Hatton fight, so I was able to watch MMA instead. great fight!!!

man, I was on Hatton's side. I was hoping he would shut Mayweather's mouth. Im an american and Im glad the american won, but Floyd runs his mouth way too much. I dont like fighters like that. Almost trying to be like Ali.

7. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Trouble with hatton its not his natural weight welterweight. and the weight below has no real competion so hes always going to be fighting bigger guys. He got abit ragged after 7-8 he just didnt seem to keep to gameplan

8. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So guys...was it worth it :?: :?:

Did Manfredo win or lose :?: :?:

9. BCstandsFor

BCstandsFor I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mayweather ran and hid for 8 rounds.
    Hatton charged like a bull with no limbs for 8 rounds.

Lots of smothering, and harldy any punches thrown or landed.

Now thinking back on it, it was pretty comical. What kind of fight was this? :lol:

10. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just seen the replay of the Roger Huerta/Clay Guida fight amazing fight that really enjoyed it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice