The CancunCare Smokeout!

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by TANDG, Nov 29, 2004.

1. CHEEZESTK

CHEEZESTK Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MY first day!

I smoked like a junkie last night. So far so good today!

2. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mike,
    I understand how you feel but you'll see that after a while you feel sorry for the smokers around you cos when they're at work and want a cigarette but can't have one you'll feel good because you don't have to go through that anymore.
    I found that I felt crap for a while after about a week of giving up - sore throat, coughing - I was like, why am I feeling like this when supposedly I should be feeling healthier. But that stuff goes away as well after a couple of weeks.
    It is a slow process, both the physical withdrawel and the mental. But it's so worth it in the end.
    Keep at it.

3. Sparkey

Sparkey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mike, Bobby and Terry,

I think the psychological benefits will really kick in a few weeks from now when winter is here.

The people who stand outside of buildings, shivering in the cold wind to quickly suck down a smoke look so pathetic. They are such a nuisance when you are trying to enter a building and they are huddling in the doorway like homeless people.

You will never have to be a member of that crowd again! :D

4. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mike, you are doing it so you can live to be a HEALTHY Crazy Mike, without the help of an oxygen tank strapped to you, or , like my Dad, having a stroke and living the rest of your days paralyzed on one side, and bound to a wheelchair. Pretty heavy stuff, but so true. I'm so proud of you!! Don't give up..it will be so worth it!
    I got a little taste of how good it is today. We had a rainstorm today. I mean windswept downpours all day. A girl who works for me still smokes, and of course, had to go out in that crap! I however, stayed nice and dry inside. Winter is coming, and I won't miss going out in below zero weather just to smoke.

Day #4, and so far so good!! :D

Cheeze...you go boy...good for you!! :hug: keep it up!

Terri

5. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

I'm cheering you all on!

Before I quit smoking I tried hypnosis. It didn't work for me (I quit cold turkey), BUT I always remembered what the hypnotist said,

"Picture yourself 15 or 20 years from now. Do you want to be hooked to an oxygen tank in a hospital room coughing all day and night OR would you rather be on the deck of a cruise ship enjoying your golden years?"

Of course, with you guys I should say "being in Cancun" instead of the cruise ship!

Your health is so much more important than a cigarette!

8) 8) 8) 8)

6. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're sweet Janie, and have been a big help. Thank you!

Terri

7. Mikey

Mikey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I congratulate everyone who is trying to give up the habit. I for one have thought about it but I am still lighting up.

8. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mike,

There is absolutely NO reason to be sorry for checking in here. I am sure it does help to talk to people going through the same and you and others who are supporting you 150%...even if it is through a computer.

This is a topic that I for one would like to see get longer and longer if it means it's helping you all get through this.

I'm proud of each one of you......I have frieds who have smoked and quit. It was no easy ordeal...you all are doing great.

Keep up the great work...and keep on checking in!

And remember...the chat room would be a great place for some live time talks to get you all through the really rough times.

Karan

9. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    8) Well I am on day 3, So far so good. I feel good.

Terri, WOW 5 days now. You are on your way. Good for you.

I have been eating a lot of junk since I stop smoking. That must stop to.

Well today is the day That will test me. Busy work day, lots of stress. I will just have to drink water, and take some in some air, and deal with it.

I would just like to thank Terri for the inspiration to do this.

Thank you, And thank you to the board for all the kind words.

I will see in Feb when I fly.

Crazymike and Diane

10. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Aww, thanks Mike. I originally just wanted you guys to wish me luck! You must have been ready to do this. Otherwise, I don't believe you would have come this far.

As far as eating junk goes...I don't even want to tell you what I ate Sunday and Monday! Those were the worst days for eating. Tues and Wed. were pretty bad too. I need to get back on track there too. I did excersise last night, and I have to keep that up. I can get pretty big, pretty quick if I don't watch it.

Good luck at work today Mike. Just remember, a craving only lasts for about 3 minutes. It can feel like forever, I know, but try to tough it out!

By the way, thank you Sparky for making this a sticky. It helps to post here every day, and we appreciate all of your support! :D

Terri

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice