The CancunCare Smokeout!

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by TANDG, Nov 29, 2004.

1. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    8) Terri,
    Good for you,3 days with out a smoke. :clap:

I am going on 2. Got up for work today and was going nuts for a smoke,but did not have 1. Thank god I dont stop on the way to and from work or I would buy a pack. But lets see. I think we all can do it. I will just have to see Sunday at the bar for the steelers game.

Crazymike and Diane

2. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's great Mike..keep it up! :bounce: Mornings are tough. I can't give up coffee, and a cigarette was good with it. That was mostly habit though, and I think I'm getting used to it. I have a Christmas party Sat. night. It's no smoking inside, but I will be drinking. That's dangerous. Gotta be strong though. Keep us updated.

Terri

3. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I live on the Mass/NH border. Cigs are about $50.00 a carton in Mass, and about half that in NH. I work in NH, and yesterday, I saw 2 guys buying 24 cartons between them. Now, either they have a very big problem with smoking, or they are going to make some $$

Terri

4. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    8) THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE ARE DOING. IN NEW YORK, SOME STORES SELL A PACK FOR $8.00, HER IN NEW JERSEY IT DEPENDS HOW CLOSE YOU ARE TO NEW YORK. I LIVE 5 MIN FROM NYC. I REALLY HOPE I CAN DO IT. AND I FEEL FOR TERRI. COFFEE IS NOT THE SAME WITH OUT THE CIG--. BUT YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO GET USED TO IT. WELL BACK TO WORK. NEED TO CHECK IN EVERY WHILE TO REMIND ME WHY I AM QUITING.

CRAZYMIKE AND DIANE

5. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're doing great Mike....keep it up!!! :D

Terri

6. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    : 8) YOU TO TERRI.

CRAZYMIKE AND DIANE

7. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Gosh...that brings back some horrible memories for me......I tried that with my dad with his ciggarettes an his booze....I got beat like a hebrew slave!!!! LOL!!!

They call it child abuse these days....

Now I'm stuck taking care of my dad while he continues to smoke til he croaks.

I really hope all of you have better luck than I did in convincing your loved ones to quit smokin......

Michelle

8. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good luck everyone, I too know how hard it is. One tip is to try to avoid habits that you associated with smoking. Like waking up in the morning and having a coffee - you would normally light up a cigarette. Maybe try to do something different. Jump straight into the shower or do something active that is not associated with sitting reading the newspaper and lighting up that cigarette.
    Terri, good luck on Saturday. I gave up last year but this year I got into the habit of letting myself smoke when I was stressed or out drinking. That slowely started becoming a habit again and before I knew it I was back smoking a couple to four cigarettes a day. Stopped that a month ago but last week I went out drinking for the first time since and I actually enjoyed not smoking and not having the cigarette hangover then next day - trust me, you will notice the difference on Sunday.

Jen, when you gave up, did you read the book, um can't remember the author but it's quite well known in England. You probably don't need it now but I used it the first time. Gives lots of tips to give up and the state of mind about why you smoke in the first place.

ie when you light up a cigarette because you are stressed, you are actually only letting your state of mind go back to how it was before you ever lit up for the very first time. ok, I'm waffling now but this book helped a lot - if Jen knows the one I mean, maybe you can get a hold of it.

Good luck anyway!!!!!!!

9. Sparkey

Sparkey Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As an act of support for all of you, I've changed the title of this topic and made it a sticky.

As you can see, you have a lot of support from people who really care about you. We hope you care enough about yourselves to continue this worthwhile journey.

Gods speed to all of you.

10. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :oops: I am feeling a little shitty right now. Its lunch time and evry one is smoking but me. And you know what I dont want it. Terri how are you doing today so far. need to keep checking in on why I am doing this sorry. It helps.

Crazymike and Diane

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice