The Bump?

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by sailordude, Jan 6, 2015.

1. sailordude

sailordude Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Hi Gang,

The wife and I are heading down to the GP later this month. I've heard that the week Hanson is playing has caused some groups to get the bump from the Golden to the Great. We are going to be there Jan 23-30th. I've checked a few websites to see if anyone was booking trips to the GP for that same week and there currently aren't any, which leads me to believe it's booked full (the same goes for the Great Parnassus too). The only site I could find that was still accepting reservations was the GP's own site.

My concern is that since I can't find any site that is taking reservations for the GP right now, that means it is at least booked full, and possibly overbooked. I certainely don't want to get bumped. We're pretty excited to be heading to an adults only resort. If by chance we do get bumped, is there any chance they would be willing to move us to another Adults Only resort or will they force us to go to the Great Parnassus?

Cheers!

2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    The only bump I have ever heard about is to the Great.

3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Hanson...hahahahahahhahaha

4. WI_funsun_couple

WI_funsun_couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We got bumped and had to rebook 1-21 to 1-25 see you there. Crazies from WI. Hanson got us!!!

5. GandC

GandC Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 0
    Shouldn't this thread be titled "Mmmmbump"?

6. WiscHunter

WiscHunter Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be at the Golden on January 31. Do we need to be afraid of being bumped?
    Is this bumping recent?

7. couplecancun

couplecancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Posting here also because seems relevant

I booked my Golden Parnassus via vacation express website ( March 25-29). I am not promising what they said is guaranteed, just telling you what they said to me. I told them about my concerns about being bumped to Great Parnassus. I was advised me that they have a contract with GP and have never had a customer bumped. They said that if Golden Parnassus gets a special event, GP calls Vacation express and stops future reservations but honors prior reservations. They also said because of this contract they normally have the best prices for GP. Again, please don't hold me to this, it was just a long conversation if a sales representative. Thank you

8. TMajic

TMajic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Couplecancun, I received the same information from Apple Vacations. We had no trouble last spring. Everything went as planned. Enjoy your trip Sailordude.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice