The Black Hole & other Restaurants

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by Maine-Joey, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Maine-Joey

Maine-Joey Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm traveling with 4 other couples and we're trying to see what restaurants to attend and what the dress attire will be on the formal wear. Any input on the night life would help out as well. We've upgraded to the Sian ka'an to get the fullest out of our trip. Any input will make this trip a blast.

2. tw1mempho

tw1mempho Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    The black hole is one that U have to make a reservation. That should be done around 8 am the day of or day before. We found the black hole fun and I encourage U to go. It is one of those events that U might like once, but a repeat visit is something we will not attend this June.
    The Pirate Ship visit has to be sign up for. (I believe it was a thursday night around 10 pm and we got back around 3 am.) We went and had a good time. It is free, but U will be hassle for tips. Once again , one time for us will be enough. We do not plan on attending it again in June.
    They have a late night bar/disco open until around 2 or 3 am. After that, there is no food or drinks available, so stock up some beer/drinks in the refrigerator. They have a rule where U cannot take food to go at any restaurant. U can order room service but there will be a charge.
    I took a pair of dress shoes , a collar shirt and a pair of long pants for formal wear . U will find it is a hit and miss on what is required by the activity. I never used the shoes and only one time did I wear the collar shirt.

Hope ya'll have fun and post a trip report when U get back....

3. Maine-Joey

Maine-Joey Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the info and I'll post a trip report when I get back. You're very helpful with all this info.

4. Dynamark

Dynamark Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Please do post. We are very anxious!

5. TheGingerandTheGiant

TheGingerandTheGiant Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    Unless you are in a Sian Ka'an room, they are now charging for the Black Hole. They have apparently made many changes in the last month, including only allowing topless at the lagoon pool. This is going to be our 6th stay at the Sens in February, but I'm already looking to see if we can change our reservation.

6. kiki_chiquita

kiki_chiquita Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thats a shame that they're charging now for the black hole....its a fun restaurant! Although I guess i can see why they would. Its an experience, not just a dinner (if that makes sense).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice