The Academy Awards of Cancuncare

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is just an honor to be nominated
    Susan Lucci.

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Trinita - That is classic. I cannot wait for your real acceptance speech. No way will there be an upset in this category.

3. lindat

lindat Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For "the poster who can make me the hungryest" (sp).....geez I love her pics on her trip reports!!!

JANIE!!!!!!

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    GOOD WILL GONE

In regard to the second of Mixz1's nominations, the Rules Committee has asked me to convey that, in light of the nominee candidate's admittedly shameless and aggressive self-promotion having exhausted whatever good will was, beforehand, on store, no further mention will be made of this individual, nor of his activities, as it is suspected he would welcome any mention, even negative mention, on this forum, as keeping his name before the public; nor will the suggested category be opened, as there are a number of other, equally egregious parties to this misdemeanor, and to mention them, in any context, will only serve to further their purposes, and not that of the Awards.

Thus saith, the Rules Committee of the Academy Awards of Cancuncare.

5. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    SUGGESTION, "CUTEST" CATEGORY

Mr T.J., honorable nominator to the Academy Awards of Cancuncare, several of my colleagues have, informally, suggested that it could enhance your nominee's prospects if she submitted a "promo" of herself, in swimsuit, for modesty's sake, on one of Cancun's many beautiful beaches.

This is in no way intended to give her any special leg up on the competition, as the suggestion is made to all who aspire to the award in the category, "Cutest." To those making the suggestion, it seemed to require no further explanation.

However, I will add, as my personal contribution, and in fairness to the ladies nominated in this category that, should we have any male nominees, then, "let's see those pecs, boys!"

[Please bear in mind that, as a member of the team managing this event, I am ineligible to accept any nomination, including, "Cutest," no matter how earnest is the nominator/nominatress; and, further, that any "nomination" of myself, whether proposed by myself, as in "Longest Posts;" or, by another, such as Rivergirl (who wrote a very "easy on the ears" nomination of me, early on in the process), must be disregarded, for the reason of my ineligibility.]

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V- It is quite obvious that you were once an attorney...no one but an attorney could write those convoluted sentences. Ahem.

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Convoluted/pithy

[Please pardon the aside, folks, I'll be right back.]

You're right, RG, but I can get to the point, at times. How 'bout, "Let's see those pecs, boys!"

[There you are, now I'm back.]

May the nominations continue, and the show go on!

8. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    ARE YOU FEELING HUNGRY, NOW?

Lindat, I've received your nomination of Janie for the "poster who can make you the hungriest," together with your reference to her pictures, in her trip reports. Is that correct?

Can you forward some of the pictures you're referring to? Then, we can judge for ourselves, just how hungry we get, when we see her pictures.

Have you considered entering her in the "Cutest" category, instead?

9. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    moved

10. lindat

lindat Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V, I just assumed that Janie was already the frontrunner in the "cutest" catagory.....my mistake.... :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice