The Academy Awards of Cancuncare

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Oct 23, 2009.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    MORE NOMINATIONS

"Most Noble Use of Vacation Time", Cancun Fun and beau! Consider it done, Rivergirl.

And, we'll enter a notation that there is a second to the nomination of Cancun Fun as "Cutest Poster", although there is no formal requirement for a second under the Rules Governing the Academy Awards of Cancuncare.

(You're not going to try to "unnominate" yourself, again, are you, Rivergirl? The humor, it seems to me, is in people taking what you say seriously.)

[I hope my little comment to Rivergirl will not be construed as an attempt to aid her in getting the award to which she's been nominated; and, as I see it, it in no way impairs my impartiality, since I would have offered this observation to anyone who seemed interested.]

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Am I allowed to think it's funny that so many people think I'm serious when I'm kidding? It's really not my fault, it's genetic. One of my parental units was paid to write scathing humorous attacks for a living. I come by my bitchy humor honestly.

3. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    That's it, exactly! You've got it! This last post should pretty well sew up the Award for you, in my opinion!

But, I remind the readers that the final decision isn't mine, and my comment is to be considered a personal opinion, and not that of the organization.

(Are you listening, Price-Waterhouse?)

4. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you TJ! RiverGirl, I have you to thank for introducing us to the RAP program...what an experience! Your hubby was a HUGE help also, as we were in need a strong hands to help out. Looking forward to the spring clinic and working with Alison on Isla as well.
    The avatar pic is me and my sisters when they were here visiting.

5. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    HAS SHE GOT IT?

On further reflection, I'm not sure, after all, that she has got it (hard to tell, with some people), but the post sure was fuunnny! It's got to be one of the best ever put up on this forum. Go, Girl River of humor!

If this post wasn't an accident on her part, I'm immediately resigning my "Most Humorous Poster", almost, self-nomination.... I can't top that one, ever.

[My personal opinion, again, bur somehow I think the judges will agree with me.]

And, now, I think we have to give serious consideration to nominating Cancun Fun, in one additional category, that of, "I have no idea what thread I've landed on!" Did you see her post, above?

(On the other hand, I suppose this could just be her rehearsing a possible version of an acceptance speech. If that's the case, she, too, may need a reminder about getting ahead of herself: there may be other, "Cutest," and "Most Noble Users of Vacation Time," out there, waiting to be nominated.)

Let the nominations continue!

6. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Most amusing use of the English language by an English speaker:
    Leanne http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43603
    Note: It's even better if you read the post with a Liverpool accent.

Most aggressive self-promoter taking commercial advantage of Steve's good will and forum policies:
    Manny aka CancunWithMe.Com

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    WELL, I NEVER; WELL, HARDLY EVER!

In the "Most Amusing Use of the English Language, by an English Speaker," category, we have Leanne! Offered as evidence in support of this nomination is this post, taken from Cancun Info-

Yes, that does look like a winner (referring to the post), and thank you, Mixz1, for your contribution. We may have to make an exception to the rule that they must post to "Living in Cancun," but, somehow I think the Rules Committee will look favorably on creating an exception for this one.

[Again, I remind the readers that comments like these, speaking of a possible winner, reflect my personal opinion, only, and should not be considered to be that of the organization.]

As to the second nomination, the matter has been referred to the Rules Committee for formal review. We should have their response in a day, or two.

And, here's an update in the category of "Most Posts" among active contributors to "Living in Cancun-"

What we have is Rivergirl, and CancunCanuck, neck and neck, with CC having 2500, and RG, having put on a burst of posts, in recent days, to pass her, now at 2511.

(Putting on a burst of something, in recent days, is better than having something burst, in recent days, when you put it on, right ladies?)

8. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're right! This is not the right place to say "thank you". My apologies.

9. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    THIS COULD BE THE ONE!

Not at all, Cancun Fun, and you've now become part of the fun, here- Miss Cancuncare "Cutest" Nominee!

(Don't throw that "thank you" speech away, you may get a chance to use it, soon!)

10. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, "most positive poster even when there is nothing positive to say", I can dig it. I'd like to thank my grandma for teaching me "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" and my biggest inspiration, Monty Python for teaching me to "Always look on the bright side of life" (insert whistles here).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice