THANKSGIVING DINNER IN CANCUN - WHERE ??

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Nov 12, 2007.

1. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Didn't know it comes in on Thursdays, thank you for that! I was always amazed going to Wal-mart and they were out of MILK! Crazy. That stuff in the box is not milk.

2. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Every Mexican I asked told me it wasn't for sale here, said I had to go to a farm miles away, if one existed!! A gallon, how many litres is that, that's alot of milk right??

3. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hold on that's like 4.5 litres, approx 8 pints, not even I could drink that much milk!! I take it, it goes off in like 3 days? Funny enough I looked in Walmart and couldn't find any, thank you, will fight you for it on Thursday!!

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Soriana sometimes has fresh milk in half gallon sizes. Sometimes.

Back when I lived in dairy country I got fresh milk delivered straight from the farm...

5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sam,

I gallon is 3.8 liters. It's not an imperial gallon.

6. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pat O'Brien's Thanksgiving Buffet for $16.99 + tax from 11am til the last game is over...Dinner + open bar for $45.00 (including Hurricanes!).

7. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Could you please enlighten me on what is a hurricane? I take it, it's a cocktail but what exactly is it, does it have a taste to match the name?

8. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks T.J, you mean in laymans terms, a mexican/american gallon as opposed to a british one?

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I meant that there is a distinction between a gallon of gas or milk in the US and that of the Imperial gallon, which I think is used in many other countries. There is no such thing as a Mexican gallon as the metric system is used, so we have liters, etc.

Oh, the famous Pat O'Brien's Hurricane. Trina has had her ass kicked by them in my presence recently. And she was not the only one.

It is 4 oz. of dark Rum and 4 oz. of Pat O'Brien's Hurricane Mix. The mix is something from passion fruit as I remember its ingredients from my trips to Mardi Gras. They have another drink in their New Orleans location, maybe a cyclone or something like that, with a different kind of fruity mix, served in a smaller glass, that is more golden in color. The Hurricane is red, like the color of fruit punch.

I am sure I will be drinking ONE tomorrow night. I am coming straight to P.O.'s from the airport.

10. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep, me too! Open bar from 6pm-10pm, so we are going at 6pm to make the most of it (will be lit by dinner!) TJ, we will meet you there when you get in. If anyone wants to join us, their number is 883-0418 and tell them Trina sent you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice