Testing the waters

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by FirsttimerTX, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Neverfales

Neverfales Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +580 / 1
    I wrote a lengthy trip report last year after our first trip in early December 2017. I can't seem to figure out how to copy a link to the report, but if you just search this, you'll find it. Hope it helps.
    Trip Report – What Every Newbie Needs to Know (And Every Veteran Wants to Hear)

2. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Wow. Time travelers. Who wins the super bowl? Ha. Wait that won’t do me any good unless I live to 130. Here is a better one... Did Temptation DR ever open?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    Here ya go...
    Trip Report – What Every Newbie Needs to Know (And Every Veteran Wants to Hear)

4. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    I think everyone comes to TTR for the first time with a lot of incorrect expectations. After about two hours, most people figure it out and realize that this may be the most unique place on Earth. It sounds crazy to say this about a hotel, but this place will change you in very positive ways. My bet is that you will come, get the addiction and a year later you will read your first post and ask yourself, "What was I thinking!?"

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. yolo33ers

yolo33ers Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +147 / 0
    I agree with what everyone has said. We started going to Temptation regularly after we tested our comfort waters with a Boobs Cruise (but stayed at another resort). We were super nervous and had no idea of what to expect, but soon found ourselves among the most friendly, respectful, awesome people we had ever socialized with. In the time since then, in part due to the atmosphere opening doors for conversations we may have never had, we have come to learn a lot about ourselves as a couple and as individuals. We are not swingers, but I wouldn't say we are vanilla, either, and there are lots of things that influence where we are on the spectrum in any given situation. That said, I would suggest that if you do decide to come to the best resort in Cancun :), that you have a serious conversation beforehand about what your boundaries are and how far they can be extended - even if you think there is no way you would ever veer away from your normal decisions and actions. The vibe at the resort is extremely freeing and open, and I think that being half naked strips away more than clothing - it tends to lend itself to having honest interactions that often lead to lifelong friendships. I don't think you would be disappointed at all, but it's important to determine and respect the difference between somebody needing a nudge versus a real push to experience it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    Welcome to the world of what we call VanillaXtracts. We found ourselves Xtracted out of Vanilla into something else but not so far as to join the swinger label.

I think there are way more VanillaXtracts type of folks who love to chat, party, dress up and carry on in a manner that is clearly not Vanilla but it also not implying any expectation of possibly including changing partners either.

Can’t think of a better term but people have suggested “swayers”.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  7. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    Went to Cabo Temptations for our 2oth anniversary.. we know where your coming from. Been going to Cancun TTR last 7 years... it is a big resort now that you can get away from the party or never leave the party.. Go and have a blast.. :)

8. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I agree with these points a lot. Our first trip to TTR in 2012 we were nervous as hell and not really looking for adult fun (looking more for an escape w a spring break for adults like party) but also thinking hey if something feels right and happens then it happens within discussed limits.

We took the approach of partying, mingling and just having a good time. And wow we were approached plenty of times by the swinger crowd. I think it happened because we give off a happy go lucky lets have fun vibe that is very approachable. It was a great ego build. All were very friendly and not pushy. Never felt like we were under any risk of doing anything we didn’t want to do. We even accidentally went to an orgy that we thought was just a jacuzzi cocktail hour lol (that was an eye opening experience) and even there we could back out slowly while waving and smiling and then once we hit the corner run like hell lol.

Thru time limits change. Interests change. And labels change. At a place like TTR it doesn’t really matter. Each couple has different interest and speeds etc and that is ok. Excited for the OP to give it a try and see what works best for them in an environment that removes the societal norms and restrictions that so many go to TTR to avoid/remove.

9. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    Boom...nailed it. We've done plenty of the "slip out and make a run for it" move before as well. :) Always do what you BOTH agree upon and then always give yourself permission to stop at anytime.

10. Ryan & Allison

Ryan & Allison Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +584 / 0
    "We even accidentally went to an orgy that we thought was just a jacuzzi cocktail hour lol (that was an eye opening experience) and even there we could back out slowly while waving and smiling and then once we hit the corner run like hell lol."

This cracks me up!!!
    -Allison

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice