Terminology Changes

Discussion in 'Forum Support' started by Steve, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    A little confusing, but it is what it is. When you visit various parts of the forum you will see the following terms being used:

What we used to call Threads are now Discussions
    What we used to call Posts are now Messages
    What we used to call Private Messages are now Conversations (they are still private obviously)
    What we used to call Albums and Pics are now Media

2. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    In regards to conversations, or what we use to call pms.

Is it now just one big mailbox?
    As to say no inbox and outbox?
    Also I don't see any folders now to keep pms in. Or am I blind and missing that feature?

And is there still a capacity limit of 100 total pms/conversations before you are full and unable to send messages?

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Still getting used to it myself :)

But yes, it's one big mailbox, a little like Facebook where you don't have in and out boxes and can pick up on conversation at any time with someone without starting a brand new message. Hence conversations rather than messages.

Consider conversations like your own personal thread where only the people you invite can read it.

There will be a limit at some point, to encourage people to clear out old ones. I don't think a limit is set yet, or it's the default.

The way I would use it as a Regular User is if it was someone I chatted with regularly I wouldn't delete it and then just pick up at any time with the history viewable. If it was someone who I probably might not chat to again then I'd delete it. You can also star certain ones or search via the option at the bottom.

conver.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice