TERMINAL 3 INFO - HOT OFF THE PRESS

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., May 21, 2007.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went out to the airport today and here is the important info.

As you are heading to the airport and are off the highway, there is a billboard type sign for Terminal 3 with logos of the airlines using it. Today it had Spirit, Sun Country and USA 3000.

When I went inside the Departures area there were also charter flights from Thomas Cooke and Thompson.

The parking lot is much smaller than that for Terminal 2.

If you can read and drive at the same time you have no trouble getting to it by car.

It is beautiful.

In the Departure area, there is a convenience store, Haagan Daaz, and a Starbucks. The only place with
    seats is Starbucks.

If you are using your FM3 or if you lose your FMT (Tourist Card that you get when you arrive, the thing that Immigration gives you part of it back) walk to the left toward the escalators, which take you up to Security, sort of like the old Terminal 1. Turn right without going upstairs. Before the door at the end of this hall you will see some pay phones along the wall
    on the left. There is a hallway on the right opposite the pay phones and there are 4 small offices. One of them is for Migracion/Immigration. The scary thing was that only one office looked like it was being used today but no one was in there.

After Security there is another Starbucks, Bubba Gumps and a Margaritaville. And shopping. But all I could do was look so more on that after my flight on Wed.

The prices at Starbucks will take you breath away. Medium Frappacino $50; I think $42 at the one downtown. Carrot cake was $66, compared to $43. (But this stuff is really good.)

I ran into 3 lovely Spirit gals so we went downtown together to eat and I forgot to go to the Arrivals area. I am promissed a call from someone at Spirit tomorrow to tell me about a waiting or meeting area.

I know this is only half a-- info but these are pretty girls and I could not help myself.

I saw buses down at Arrivals but none were ADO. I am betting that, at least for now, if you are taking the ADO you have to grab the shuttle back to Terminal 2. T3 is closer to T2 than T1 is, and ADO is on the close end of T2 so even if you walk it is manageable.

More to follow as I discover it.

2. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How would I find out what terminal flights on Interjet leave from?

3. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    gbchayctca - I would bet that at least for today they are leaving from T2. Inside the main door and throughout T2 and T3 are monitors which state all the basic flight info but also the Terminal #. And if you can find your gate number, A and B gates are at T2 and C gates are at T3.

4. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As of now, when we come to Cancun next month on Sun Country, it shows us that we will be coming in at terminal 3. I can't really picture the airport any more (even though we were there in Feb) but how will that affect shuttle services and things like that, or going thru customs? In the past when we have come to Cancun, it has been pretty easy to get our luggage, passports stamped and green light to go on to our trip. Thanks!!

5. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was going to ask if terminal 2 was the one that I always left from, but then I realized that nonbody knows but me where I left from!

Is terminal two the main one? or formerly the main one?

I'll ask a bit closer to when homeboy has to fly...because he is generally clueless about the whole process.

6. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    T2 was called the International Terminal and T1 was known as the Charter Term.

T2 could easily be called the main one.

I am going to post an update for today as a new thread.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice