Tequila....

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by michron, Jan 17, 2007.

1. michron

michron Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ....In Cancun as we speak, leaving on Saturday. I always bring back a few bottles of Don Julio Anejo or Reserve for friends, but wondered if anyone had any other picks for a great tequila. (looking for great quality, great price - maybe something you can't get back in the states)

Thanks.

2. Rondo

Rondo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The classic 100% Blue Agave tequila selling strong since 1870,copied by many,put in fancy bottles then charged 5x the price.

Herradura (Reposada) or anejo

Would you believe in the 1970's this was the only 100% blue agave tequila we could ever find on our many trips to Mexico,in my book all others are me-too knock-offs although there are many great tequilas now.

3. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i have to say the strawberry tequila is a great one! here in canada its called tequila rose, but they sell the strawberry one in a shop in la isla (not sure of the name) its pretty darn good

4. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am very "picky" I do not like Herradura. Don Julio is a good choice but my favorite is Cuervo Tradicional Reposado as cold as it gets.

The bes exported tequila 100% agave that u can find in the USA or Canda is Patron; they have the white one and also the reposado.

5. DaytonOH

DaytonOH Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    XQ Tequila Plata - Hard to find, had some in Vegas it was very good

Tres Generaciones - Fairly easy to find in the states. I like it

What I'm hoping to bring back if I can find it

La Certeza - I can't find it anywhere

6. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone ever tried Patron?

7. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've tried Patron, don't care for it. ALOT of people really like it tho....

Michelle

8. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Patron Reposado is my favorite tequila! That said, I agree that Don Julio is awesome. El Jimador is another great choice. I was introduced to it in Mexico, and it is available in the States.

9. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are 4 kinds of Patron, I like th 100% de agave silver Patron. does not have a kick

10. J Man

J Man Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A popular tequila is Gran Centario Anejo. It's reasonably priced, but is 100% blue agave, and is made for sipping. I just got back last weekend, and drank two bottles of Don Julio Anejo while I was there. :lol: It was really good. The only reason I drank the Don Julio over the Gran Centario was because the condo was already stocked with the Don Julio from our last trip. My banker went on the last trip and wanted to buy me some tequila, so I let him buy the more expensive Don Julio. :cool: It's gone now, and I will buy the Gran Centario on the next trip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice