Tequila at Temptation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by northindyaj, Apr 2, 2008.

1. LemonHead

LemonHead Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ah the "panhandle"! This is where I believe Garth Brooks got the lines...

"In the winter you freeze, in the summer you fry. Utility bills are the only thing that gets high. I'd go for a drink but this county is dry. Nobody gets off in this town."

When you do head this way I'd be happy to point out some good places for food and drink.

2. Theoriginalparrotthead

Theoriginalparrotthead I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Resposado????

Everyone has their own tastes thats for sure.... But I haven't found a Resposado that was worth it's price. I personally would prefer to shell out a few extra bucks for an Anjejo ANYTIME. I still say...

" Most Resposados to me taste of cheap ethanol with no redeeming smoothness." AND.... "Their taste most resembles drinking the last quarter-inch of water out of the bottom of a fishtank that hasn't been cleaned for a while." The oak just does something to taste.

The proof would be in a blind taste test. Line up 4 or 5 shots of quality Anjeos and 4 or 5 shots of Resposados and get your drink on. At the end of the drinking you'd have such a good buzz, it wouldn't matter in the slightest....

Just my opinion....

3. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Porfidio was what we had, and the best tequila I have ever had. Was a gift from our son's inlaws, and probably should have kept if for ourselves instead of for tequila shots at "Garage Dancin" parties last summer.

I am pretty sure ours had the blue cactus in it, which would have made it the Silver instead of the Anejo. Still very good tequila.

4. Theoriginalparrotthead

Theoriginalparrotthead I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    La Destilleria

I was reading a post on another site. I understand they do tequila tasting at a place called "La Destilleria". Has anyone been there? Is it an actual Tequila distillery or just a bar? Does anyone have info on this place or its tastings?

5. bosteph

bosteph Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    La Destileria is a bar/restaurant.

Most of the actual Tequila distilleries are in Jalisco area which is closer to the west coast of Mexico, much closer to Puerto Vallarta & Guadalajara than Cancun.

6. Tequila Ken

Tequila Ken Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I always bring back some Corralejo. Whenever I have a party, I usually have about a dozen Tequilas for people to try...and most seem to like the Corralejo over more expensive ones. I live near Dallas, but used to have to travel to El Paso/Juarez alot for business, so I was spoiled in being able to get cheap Tequila all the time. Now I have to go to Cancun to get it!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice