Tequila at Temptation

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by northindyaj, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Theoriginalparrotthead

Theoriginalparrotthead I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Boogie till ya puke....

34 days for us.... see you there.

2. ARomance

ARomance Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Good tequila... my favorite

Anyway... If you take your bottle to the swimup bar they will keep it on ice for you.

Oh wow, I never thought of doing that, thanks for the tip! You should add that one to the "69 first-timer tips"

3. Theoriginalparrotthead

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Oh wow.

You are right!!! That is a perfect 1st timer tip... But, if too many of us do it they wont have room for the ice or a tip bucket at the bar.... Just a bunch of bottles with names and room numbers on it.....
    AND.....Please don't forget to tip your bar staff before asking them to hold your bottle..... Damn... theres another great 1st timer tip... I'm full of em... :thumbsup:

4. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I've always found it funny how the resort has one of the worse Tequila selections around. I mean really they should have at least ten different kinds. It's freaking Mexico!!!!!!!!

Nick and Renee

5. Theoriginalparrotthead

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Parrotthead Elixor.....

Tequila is like any other liquor... If it is mixed with something else and you drink enough of it it doesnt matter what it tastes like... It gets you buzzed and to the untrained taste buds, the effects are still the same. Honestly.... in the resorts behalf... Most people wouldnt know a good aged Anjeo from Rotgut. Thats why the serve Tequila that can double as VW Bug fuel...

But, if you enjoy the taste of a good booze, get away from the Sexy pool long enough to hit the liquor store across from Walmart and pick up a 30 to 40 dollar bottle of Repasado or Anjeo. Good Tequila is like a good Burbon... SMOOTH AS SILK, gets you where you wanna be in just a few shots, and doesnt give you that shitty hangover in the morning.

And dont buy Patron unless you wanna be labled a Gringo. Try Aho Toro... It's the good stuff... Guarenteed to make her clothes fall off.
    :clap:

6. Scott

Scott Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don Julio isnt bad either :lightning: But I agree. When you're throwing them back to party hard, mixing them as you go, why even waste the good stuff. :bash:

7. bosteph

bosteph Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I find that I absolutely must weigh in on the great tequila debate.

Jose Cuervo Tradicional is definitely a "reposado" tequila. For the price, it is my old stand by and I have a large bottle in my freezer right now. :D

Here are my top two personal faves in each category:

Tequila Blanco ("Silver" - bottled immediately after distillation)
    -Patron
    -Lapiz

Tequila Oro ("Gold" - mellowed by the addition of colorants and flavorings)
    -Cuervo Gold (I don't really have two because Gold tequila is used mostly for margaritas and I prefer my tequila straight. :)

Tequila Reposado (Tequila Blanco that is "rested" or aged in oak barrels for up to 1 year)
    -Dos Amigos
    -Real Hacienda

Tequila Anejo (Tequila Blanco that is "rested" or aged in oak barrels for more than 1 year)
    -Cuervo 1800
    -El Tesoro de Don Felipe

Tequila Reserva (Tequila Blanco that is "rested" or aged in oak barrels for up to 8 years)
    -Don't have the money for this one :cry:

All of this being said, if you drink enough of the moped fuel it ain't half bad. :cdncat:
    October is soooo far away...

8. ffto

ffto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was needing a response like this as I was curious as to what was the better Tequillla. Sounds like you have a handle on it. If I have more than 2 shots of it I am getting out of hand. So I look for the milder/better tasting stuff to do shots. I love the stuff, it plays with my mind and I get a little wild, not in the bad way though.

Don

9. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Being the geek I can be I had to look up info on tequila and how the different kinds are made etc. Anyone else interested here is a good amount of information: http://www.answers.com/topic/tequila

10. Bonez

Bonez Addict Registered Member

The true birthplace of the greatest sport on froze
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Try Don Julio (sp?) Anejo if you want a shooting/ sipping aged tequila!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice