Temptations vs Golden Parnasuss (farmy's opinion)

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by farmymg, Jun 7, 2011.

1. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Unfortunately the water in Cancun is unpredictable. Even with a yellow or green flag there could still be strong undertows and currents for a good swimmer. If you are looking for the best beach to swim, my favorite is the beach in front of Dreams resort at the top of the "7". It has waves but is beautiful and calm. There aren't as many rocks to kick/step on (except for the ones on the tip of the "7") and it's just beautiful! The NH Krystal is there too.

If you are going into the water at all I would highly recommend beach shoes. There tends to be rocks underwater that you don't know of until you kick. I know one year my toe was throbbing so I got out and it was bleeding like crazy.

I usually stay at the Golden Parnassus..... and then go to Isla Mujeres(for the day) a few times during my stay. Playa Norte is beautiful. It may not be as bright blue as the Cancun beach colors but it is very peaceful and you can go out pretty far and still be shallow. They do have it roped off though. You don't wanna swim in the path of an UltraMar ferry, lol :)

Although I have never been, I hear Cozumel has great swimming areas also! You would just drive/take a bus to the port and take the ultra mar ferry that goes there.

I hope this helps!

Over the years I have become more of a "pool" person anyway. I like the excitement. However this year I will be at GrP with my little one so I'm thinking of doing the beach. :) :huepfen013:

2. garandcar

garandcar Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    We were there December 7-12 , pretty uneventfull , nothing wild at all . My wife and I did the b cruise, now that was fun . There must have been a conservitave group when we were there ???

3. MeagMarie

MeagMarie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We are going April 7th- 14th. Hoping that we will not miss ALL of the fun peeps! I am pretty outgoing. My FH not so much. He is very observant and once he gets to know you he opens up pretty well but he isnt the type to walk up and talk to random strangers like I am. So hoping for just a little of the spring break craziness but also a little of the relaxing ;) Anyone else traveled around that time and know if it is still pretty busy?

4. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I've done april 10th-17th before and it was still fun! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice