Temptations vs Golden Parnasuss (farmy's opinion)

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by farmymg, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Dowelly

Dowelly Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm staying at great parnusses in march anyone any reviews on that hotel?

2. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    It is all inclusive. Includes all food, taxes, tips, fees, unlimited alcohol, free 24hr room service, and non motorized watersports. It is worth it. and even though tips are included... they barely see any of what you pay. You will see a dramatic increase in service everytime you tip. They are very appreciative. If you have an American Express near you, they can order pesos for a small fee. Otherwise there are plenty of places to change your money in cancun. You can even do it right in the hotel lobby of GP but it may not be the best rate. The airport, malls, and in the middle of the Hotel Zone has "cambios" or places to exchange money. I change a decent amount over to pesos because you will get a much better price on things that you buy downtown..... and i ask my bank for a stack of one's before i leave the country to tip the people who help you and make your stay more enjoyable.

I'm actually staying at the Great this year in March. What are your dates? Maybe we will see you there!
    The great is a fabulous hotel. It is newer, more stylish, and has a few more restaurants. My favorite is maison de michele but you have to dress up a little bit. There are kids at this hotel but they didn't bother me too much last time i stayed there (in 2009). I do visit on most of my trips just to eat the food and visit the gym there... it's beautiful.

Any questions at all about it just ask! :)

3. Dowelly

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm going there the 12th of march til the 26th,first time in cancun,is there a dress code or anything like that for clubs and stuff over there?

4. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Looks like we will be there around the same time! If you'd like to meet up one day let me know! Drinks on me! ;) :aktion033:

No dress code for clubs downtown. I've seen people in jeans to people wearing a long fancy shirt that barely covers their butt cheeks and calling it a dress. lol. I'm currently looking for something like this! lol. :p

Alot of the guys where swim trunks or khaki shorts/cargo's of many different colors and a graphic tee/polo from aero, abercrombie, hollister or wherever.

5. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    What kind of crowd would you expect around November?

6. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    What is tequila volleyball?

7. Dowelly

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Haha sounds good just look for 3 Scottish guys,that's good not used to warm nights so would prefer shorts I would imagine jeans would b unbearable lol

8. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Have you been to any of the adult only in Playa Del Carmen? What hotels there would compare to this?

9. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Everybody is has their favorites, but this is my first trip, so I don't want to screw it up. Online you find that Playa is more for families, and Cancun is more of a party.

The Golden looks like a nice place, but there are some really nice looking places in Playa, but they may be more costly. I would definitely not want to be stuck with nothing to do, if Playa is more of a couple honeymoon spot.

I guess I'm just looking for some more input.

10. TNCJ1

TNCJ1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tequila Volley ball is where there is a member of the entertainment staff on each side of the net, if you miss the ball or screw you they give you a shot. if aguy spikes on a lady they have to do a belly flop do it twice and its a naked belly flop. for the girls that spike on a guy they jiggle the boobs. if they do it twice they jiggle the boobs nekked. lol its a lot of fun wished they would do it more than twice a day.
    the only restaurant that we didnt try when we were there was Pier 12 the sea food. all the others were actually pretty good. we were really surprised by the sushi place. all drinks and food 24/7 are included as well as tips like HammieJ said but we tip everyone from the waiters to the maids to the ground keeps. they dont make much money and they are the ones who make your trip here so worth it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice