Temptations vs Golden Parnasuss (farmy's opinion)

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by farmymg, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Our there outside hot tubs in the pool area at the golden?

2. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Great comparison, I think, as we've not been to GP ever, but might give it a try sometime!

3. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    yes. It is one giant jacuzzi. You can fit like 100 people in there if you wanted to.... maybe more lol.

This picture is from my 2010 trip. It shows about half of it. The beach is right there and its so amazing and tranquil to watch the waves crash! Not to mention a great spot to get a little frisky :)

[​IMG]

My opinions between the two.....

I have yet to stay at Temptations.... I just stay at Golden and do a day pass once or a few times throughout my stay. It's okay. I'm huge on tequila volleyball and I agree with what the OP said. The volleyball pool is small and the floor of the pool is slanted which makes competitive playing difficult. I'm a tequila volleyball whore so this frustrates me lol.

I love the swings around the bar at TTR.... that's one thing I wish GP had. The beach was kinda boring and there wasn't that many chairs at TTR. GP has a ton and actually has waves.... but a lot of times the red flag is up because it is too dangerous. I actually go to the top of the "7" when I want to go into the water. It's not to calm and not to rough there... it's just perfect!

I will still stay at GP. Every year I think about just trying out TTR. It would be awkward to go with my friends i think. I would go with a boyfriend so we can bang it out on the balcony :) I'm always topless at GP. I even walk from my lounger to the tiki bar and back only wearing a thong. I am 200+ lbs and I just don't give a shhh. Nobody knows you and nobody cares. Those that mind don't matter. If I want to go to TTR I'll probably just do a day pass. I do hope to stay there one day but I just feel like I'm cheating on my staff at GoP and GrP. It's bad enough I only see them 1-2 weeks/year. :(

I love GP's food too. All of the restaurants are great. I actually don't like the Old Barn... probably because this waiter, I believe his name is Luis, has it out for me. He keeps putting stuff in my drink and then by the time I leave I can hardly make it to my room and I'm yelling things from my balcony, racking up a 200 dollar phone bill to the USA and all kinds of crazy things and the next day i dont remember anything! Its fun to laugh at now but i was mad and scared then. I think I even had coke that night. No alcohol. Crazy! lol.

There is an ice cream parlor now at GP but I haven't went to it yet. I just have walked by it to get to my sushi place! :)

and if you stay at GoP make sure you take the free shuttle to GrP. Eat at Maison de Michele. It has a strict dresscode similar to Shangri-La at GoP and it is AMAZING! Order the Mayan Coffee! I've video taped it before. It is so amazing to watch!

4. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    here is part of the other side of it. The little hut is where they do outdoor massages. [​IMG]

5. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Ok here is my story. Responses would be appreciated. Surprised my wife with a trip for next fall. Probably late oct. or early nov. Originaly thinking cruise, but a five night trip just fits our schedule better, and I think a seven day cruise should be the minimum. We are 42 and have been to Disney World many times. This will be our first trip with no kids. Would prefer an adult only resort, since we don't have our kids don't want to be around others. Temptations is out, probably a little too wild from what I've read. Really thinking abut the Golden Parnasus.

Wife would like some quiet reading time, I assume that could be done on the beach. We also like pool games(volleyball) and having a good time so pool area for that?

We are not going to sit around for five days, but would like a mix of activities. I'm sure a lot of that depends on who else is there?

Would probably like to try something like senor frogs, or something like that, at night. Suggestions?

There are around six adult only resorts listed. Pros and cons? A nice beach would be a high priority.

Thanks for any info. Plus how early do you start booking to guarantee? Would definitly not want they moved to the family resort.

6. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    About the big "bump".... it's generally during the peak months like jan-april-ish. Sometimes not even that long of a span. During that time period you guys should be okay. The date that you booked has nothing to do with it unfortunately.

She could read on the beach, at the tiki bar during the day, by the pool, or there is another area in between the pool and Pier 12, the seafood restaurants with hammocks. People always read there and the spouse/BF will just pull up a lounger nearby. I will see if I can find an image of this area.

I think GP is perfect honestly. I actually cried the first time I went there because I was angry with Apple Vacations and did NOT want to go. I'm so happy that we did! I'm going for either trip number 8 or 9 in a few short months! The staff there is just fabulous and tipping makes them even more fabulous.

The best time to read poolside is 7a-1pm ish. The entertainment staff will start early in the morning.... but it's just like saying hello, doing poolside yoga, water aerobics... nothing too crazy. I think tequila volleyball is at 11 and 3pm. The drinking/swimming contests can make the pool area a little rowdy sometimes.... especially when the hotel is at capacity. It should be fairly time during your trip dates though.

7. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    If you look to the top left of the photo you can see one of the hammocks. They are partially secluded by bushes but not totally.
    [​IMG]

8. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    what site do you use for booking? I would prefer an Ocean side room, probably a club with the jacuzzi. We have a hot tub at home, and use it all the time.

Room thoughts?

9. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I use orbitz usually. I find it is almost always the cheapest. The first few years we were young and dumb and didn't know any better, so we used apple vacations and it was mega expensive. Then I went to goldenparnassuscancun.com and booked my room there and then flight separate. Nowaways I usually just do the package on Orbitz. If you sign up for an Orbitz thing they will email promo codes to use on your trips. I do NOT use Expedia and a lot of their partners though. Expedia sucks and they treat some of their smaller hotels badly. Steve posted something about this earlier too.

About the rooms, I have had the lagoon room and the ocean room. Ocean is my favorite but the lagoon is pretty too. Ocean is my favorite because you get to watch people by the pool, watch your stuff if it's by a lounger, watch your friends, watch the crazy people in the ocean or parasailing, and you can yell at people by the pool or tiki bar. lol. ALSO super fun to have sex on the balcony if you are going with your woman. haha.

The club rooms I don't bother with but some people love them. To me it isn't worth it and the views aren't that great. I think someone said they don't even have a balcony. The jacuzzi's are inside the room, not outside like at temptations.

Also, Cancun is all about bargaining! Even if you book lagoon side, if they have ocean side available, you can ask for an upgrade. I believe you get a free upgrade if you are newlyweds.... or you can pay 20-30/nt for oceanview at the hotel. not a bad deal. It's up to you! :)

Honestly, even though it's nice to look at the ocean and the people, I barely spend anytime in my room except to sleep and shower. I could care less if it had windows at all! lol.

10. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    Thanks looks like they do have jacuzzi rooms with a balcony.

What about food options. All inclusive? What does it include? Worth it? How do you get around?

What do you use for money? Charge everything?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice