Temptations vs Golden Parnasuss (farmy's opinion)

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by farmymg, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Little Rain

Little Rain Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Little Rain

I have been to Golden 2 times and have walked the beach at least 2 hours each day. I went with a friend to celebrate our birthday's in Nov and we walked back from the Great P after dinner and felt very comfortable at any time of day. The beach at Gp beats the one at TTR any day. We also went topless on the beach at GP and didn't have any stares. I think it depends on who is there whether it's considered out of the ordinary or not. Heading to TTR in 2012 for a change.

2. MichiganCity2

MichiganCity2 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Well now your talking we love to walk the beach....... we don't walk it at Temptation for obvious reasons.....however we love to walk the sidewak out front.....and never have had any problems......ok may an iquana ran out in front of us a couple times.. ... How far is the grand from the golden.....beachwise? We do like Temptation but the crowd is mostly younger look at me types......which is ok for looking but not always for socializing.....just depends on the week I think....also we llike to sit in a hot tub late at night and watch the stars and relax before turning in...... not possible at Temptation.......any other info or tips on Golden would be much appreciated... thanks ....

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    :) You'd be surprised at the age of the crowd around you... just sayin' ;) We just act like the younger types....

Jamie

4. MichiganCity2

MichiganCity2 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0

Jamie if you and your lovely wife were going to be there in June that would be enough to persuade us to go to Tempation......:daveandmo:

5. newcouple

newcouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you so much, farmymg, for your very detailed comparison!! As much as I would've liked to give Temptations a try, my hubby wasn't as keen on the idea! lol We are booked for GP in July and looking forward to it!!

6. chiccouplexx

chiccouplexx Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    At GP, is the pool topless or just the Beach? Would a micro mesh thong be ok at the GP pool and or beach? Are there other topless resorts in or near Cancun?

7. kyfuncpl5568

kyfuncpl5568 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well written, Thx for the info

8. LeeAnn & Gary

LeeAnn & Gary Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    We've been to both. We prefer Temptation over GP for several reasons. First is the party atmosphere, second the food is better, third we found the people to be more personable and friendly. I found GP to be just TOO quiet for me. The beach is really pretty if you're a beach person. However, the entertainment there is almost none existent. If you like peace and quiet than this place is for you.

9. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    One of the best threads on CCC. The Great Debate continues!!!

Kudos to Farmymg for starting it and articulating in such a comprehensive, yet concise manner. Moreover evryone else has contributed thoughtfull, informative opinionsm. Very enjoyable read.

We have been to both, albeit, just once to GP. Didn't care for the ent. or ent staff. Daytme activities very poor. Night time worse. Found ourselves at the Hard Rock Cafe every night, even after stating we would stay at the hotel tonite, and yet it was so brutally boring that we'd be in a cab by 10:00.

Luved TTR from the 2nd day and been back 8 times. Still go to Hard Rock, cuz it is old home to us with the HRC staff, all due to that GP trip 5 yrs ag. But now its becuz. we want to go and not due to boredom.
    Most trips over 50% of TTR are multi time repeaters which speaks for it self. Not sure if the repeat level is the same at GP.
    TTR all the way for us.

10. Deleted member 12579

Deleted member 12579 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    last April we did 10 day at ttr then went to GP for 4 .. we really like it for that purpose.. we found to food to be good change after ttr for 10 days, didnt care at all about the activities and found GP to be a great place to rest and relax before going home.. I am hoping we do the same April 2013.. I loved the beach at GP

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice