Temptations Or Desire........

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WestCoastCouple, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    They are both very good. We used to like RM better, then we liked Pearl better, then we went back to RM!

What we liked more about RM:
    late night food options -at the lobby bar, they can make fresh tacos, sandwiches and pizza

What we liked more about Pearl:
    ground level jacuzzi and ground level disco (they are both rooftop at RM)
    room was bigger (we usually opt for the cheapest garden-view rooms)

Other than that, both resorts are excellent in all areas: staff, food, friendliness of guests, beach, pool, grounds

2. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    We are not in the LS and we always have a great time at Desire. You can just talk with people at a conversational level and it doesn't have to go beyond that (unless you want it to)

I don't know about parties in rooms as that's not something I'd feel comfortable doing. But we did see folks with the "mansion" suites having parties, guests going in and out of rooms, frolicking in the room's outdoor pool.

You don't have to be naked if you don't want to. There is no pressure to be naked, not even at the pool. Yes, there are plenty of fully nude people, but there are also people with shorts and swimsuits on... no one really cares either way.

Desire is couples only, but I've heard sometimes they allow threesomes to book? I'm not entirely sure but I do know I've never seen single guys there (which is something I dislike about TTR)

After many visits to TTR, we finally decided to take the plunge and try Desire a few years back. We had thought Temptation was the perfect resort but when we went to Desire, we liked it so much better. The only "problem" is the cost, as it's often 3x pricier than TTR.

One thing you might want to try is a split trip: some days at Desire, other days at TTR. We've done that a few times (when we couldn't afford seven nights at Desire) and we had a great time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. TimAndBrenda

TimAndBrenda Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 1
    We are a non LS couple and have 6 trips to TTR and one trip to DRM under our belts. We like both resorts for different reasons. We lean towards the 5 STAR service that Desire RM offers but it is hard to justify the extra cost. During our one 5 day trip to DRM, we found the service to be over the top. The wait staff and pool side service at DRM is top notch. When we arrived at the pool, Africa (wait staff) would bring us our favorite drinks without us even asking, The guests at DRM are the same caliber of folks you would meet at TTR. We met LS couples and non-LS couples. Like TTR, there was no pressure or awkwardness from the LS crowd. We enjoy the atmosphere of DRM over TTR. The lower capacity of DRM compared to TTR seems to make it more intimate and more conducing to random chit chat at the pool which leads to more fun people to hang out with.

Pros for DRM over TTR.

#1 Staff service- Over the top

#2 Late night entertainment - My biggest complaint with TRR is there are no longer any late night pools open. I know most people love Bash and will party until the sun comes up, However we are more of a sit in the hot tub with drinks and mingle with people type people. With the current volume at Bash, we may only attend 2-3 nights out of our week long stay. It is just too loud for you to talk to people sitting right next to you. DRM has the disco, a hot tub and a late night bar outside of the disco for late night entertainment.
    Pros for TTR over DRM

#1 Economics - TTR is a bargain- You can spend a week at TTR for the same price of 4 days at DRM.
    #2 Boobs Cruise - The location of DRM requires a taxi to and from the Boobs Cruise. The taxi ride back to DRM is no fun! The Boobs Cruise departs and returns from the beach right next to TTR,

To sum it up, we are a non-swapping couple who edges toward the 5 star service at DRM but the price jump for 5 star service is hard to justify. I see numerous trips to both resorts in our future, as many as our pocketbooks allow.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  4. blevs

blevs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    A friend who has stayed at Temptation multiple times said they have offered to send them to Desire when capacity was full at TTR. Anyone else had this happen?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice