Temptations April 5-12 pictures

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Bethy, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So many others have already posted reports on this same week, and I really don't have too much more to add.
    Here are a few highlights and fel free to ask me anything specific if you'd like.
    The room updates are very nice. We did not have a bathroom door, but did have the swinging shower door that doubled as a door to the toilet area. This did not seem like a big deal, until Ryan battled a stomach bug for 3 days. At that point a bathroom door would have been nice.
    All of the resort updates are great. Margaritta's for lunch and late night snacks is a wonderful addition.
    Ryan participated in horseshoes and basketball. His basketball team lost, but they had some awesome cheerleaders!
    I won the sex trivia contest. I told Lalo I would when he handed me the pencil and paper!!
    Steve's booze cruise was fun. The island is beautiful and the ride back was a crazy blast!
    Ryan, Jerry, and Larry toured the firehouse, as they are all on our local department. Even with a language barrier they thought it was really interesting.
    We traveled with our good friends Jerry & Julie, and Heather & Larry. Thanks for another great trip guys!! We also had our friends Deb & Tom from Ohio meet us down there a couple days later. We met them at Temptations last year and have become very good friends, even traveled out to see them this past summer. It was great to spend time with them again.
    We met SO MANY fantastic people from here on the board. What a crazy group of people!! You all made this such a memorable trip!! I am still waiting to see that group photo Roy!
    I am attempting to post a link to our pictures. Let's see if it works:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/Bethy03467

2. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Thanks for the trip report and the pics. :)

So how did a Cancun Fire Department compare to a typical U.S. fire department?

Nick and Renee

3. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Fun! Good pictures too - I thought your unintentional self-portrait in photo number nine was humorous - good thing you had your swimsuit on!

Stew

4. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Great trip report Bethy, and great cheering from all the ladies during the basketball competition. I looked through your pictures and they looked great, I seen Jimmy in one of them, I wonder if he has wandered over there yet.

Have you decided on next year yet?,,Did you prefer April over March, I think we did, less kids taking pictures and the water was that much warmer this year.

Great seeing you guys again, and again, didn't get to say bye although Barb did see Ryan in the Buffet the morning we left.

Take care

5. Bethy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe Jimmy and Brian are both in the shots of the guys trying to get their trunks from the ocean.
    Of course you cannot see anything! :?

6. suedave

suedave I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    great pics, thanks for sharing, needed our fix before we go, we have been in march and april, we also found the water to be warmer in april, glad you had a great time, cant wait to see the changes.

7. B and T

B and T Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great pics Bethy! I look like I am in hurry in that picture! :shock:

8. Nurse Jackie

Nurse Jackie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great pic's Bethey....Looks like a great time was had by all:flash:

9. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Nice pics and TR...Can want to get there... :D

10. Bethy

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll have to ask Ryan what he thought about that.

Their turn out gear looked pretty old and worn. We were saying how we wished we'd have known that, before our local dept. got all new. Maybe they could have worked out a way to donate it to the Cancun dept.

I do know this, Ryan looked like a giant. The fireman that was trying to show them around easily fit under his arm pit! Jerry is a pretty short guy himself, and Ryan said "I think Jerry would like to transfer down here. He'd be the tallest guy on this dept!"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice