Temptations 11th - 26 July The Brit Virgins

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Deleted member 45236, Jul 27, 2019.

1. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    Quote : G & R Brits "So as promised, here are a few good old (some very old) Blighty phrases for our dear friends across the Atlantic pond. I’m sure some of you either have heard or know, or can figure out their translation! "
    Blimey, real "English"... good job you didn't try true "Cockney" or "Black Country" on 'em as well !!……….. that would have been a challenge to all our country cousins, both in Warwickshire and across the pond LOL

2. Deleted member 45236

Deleted member 45236 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I d
    We also say 10 to the dozen, a full explanation would be very interesting.

3. aggiemike

aggiemike Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0
    Wow, Google "10 to the dozen" and you will find all sorts of argument for when to use one expression vs. the other. As an engineer I find the 19,000 gallons of water per 12 bushels of coal very endearing.

4. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,854 / 5
    Hey guys! Heather’s favorite is still: “I looked up and there was some bloke shagging a bird on the couch....and he was a right bloody wanker”
    See you soon!!

5. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,854 / 5
    Hey Now! Don’t be stealing our newest friends....just kidding!
    We strongly suggested April (but you know we are a week after you again I think???)
    I wish I had a picture from one of our “pre” Bash parties (that seemed to last till 5am!). The best one would be of the Pope, the Nun, Batman, the Mistress, the Devil, the Angels, the Cowboy, the tutu stripper and a few others (not to mention the "robed ones", that shall not be mentioned)! Can anyone guess (or remember) what theme night that actually was supposed to be??

6. Deleted member 45236

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Angels and Demons, but we crashed the night before and missed Superheroes so bollocks to finding new outfits hence us as Batman and Catwoman, but easily mistaken for a Mistress lol

7. Deleted member 45236

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys, haven't been on here for some time, due other life rubbish, but we thought we would let you know we are booked for 13th April 2020 for 10 days. Not sure if you were going next year and when. X

8. Deleted member 45236

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Been away for a while, still can't figure how to use the site, but we are booked for 13th April fir 10 days

9. MikeandHeather

Ratings:
    +1,854 / 5
    We are booked now as well. 7th to 14th right now but moving it to 8th to 15th. Hopefully!!

10. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Your new dates suck just as much as the old ones, Mike. Missing you by 3 days is no better than missing you by 4 days. :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice