Temptations 11th - 26 July The Brit Virgins

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Deleted member 45236, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Deleted member 45236

Deleted member 45236 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks guys, someone else mentioned April was a very good month.
    So how do we go about getting the best deal possible as everyone we met seemed to be paying different rates. (I think ours were the worst ;( )

2. Deleted member 45236

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    April it is for sure. We have mentioned this elsewhere but us Seasoned Brits are more used to slate boards and chalk and are still struggling to understand how and where these posts end up.

If anyone (especially the ones we met and partied with) have a preference of date let us know, especially if something funky is going down

3. Deleted member 45236

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So as promised, here are a few good old (some very old) Blighty phrases for our dear friends across the Atlantic pond. I’m sure some of you either have heard or know, or can figure out their translation!

1. ‘She was talking nineteen to the dozen’ ‘oxygen thief’ my other half is very good at this.
    2. We are out on the lash, out on the tiles
    3. They are def a picnic short of a sandwhich
    4. ‘Nice baps’ ‘check out those Bristol’s, ‘they stick out like Scania wheel nuts’ last one is my personal fav ;)
    5. Who just fluffed
    6. Are you up for ‘how’s your father, rumpy puppy, a good rodgering
    7. Can I bum a fag (def not what it sounds like)
    8. Plonker, ponce, pillock, Tosser, twit and finally knob. They all mean the same
    9. bobs your uncle, Fanny’s your aunt
    10. (I’m gob smacked, Did you just see that bloke shagging the arse off that bird on the settee, she’s a Chav and he’s no dogs dangles, are they taking the mick or what, they have definitely lost the plot or must be completely rat arsed to be doing that at TTR) :)

4. DFW fun

DFW fun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +619 / 0
    Lol wow that sounds just like you guys!! So did it take the exact same 10.5 hours to fly home as it did to fly to Cancun? :D

5. Deleted member 45236

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope, funny enough there is something in the sky called jet streams which make you go faster one way haha. About an hour shorter on the way back. Roz didn’t have much to say for once :)

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,165 / 7
    I love how much Gleen and Roz LOVED their trip, and then hit the forum fast and hard after getting home. We def got ourselves some brand new TTR addicts here!

Don't you guys have work to do, I heard Roz's boss is a real hard-ass.

upload_2019-8-1_11-41-29.png

7. DFW fun

Ratings:
    +619 / 0
    Haha that's hilarious! Glad you guys had a good time. I know it was your 38th trip to Temptation Glen but we wont tell Roz. Lol until next time! Cheers

8. DFW fun

Ratings:
    +619 / 0
    Yeah she said her boss was a real son of a bitch!;)

9. Deleted member 45236

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OMG it is my twin brother separated at birth!!!

10. aggiemike

aggiemike Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0

So I am always fascinated by how hard it is sometimes to understand the language that is supposedly my own. Not limited to across the pond differences either. I could amaze you with differences in reginal Texas "English".

Anyway found the following interesting explaination for one of your local phrases.

Dozen: When going nineteen to the dozen something or someone is going at breakneck speed. The origin here is one of the nicest that I have come across. It goes back to the time of the Cornish tin and copper mines. These mines were often hit by floods. In the 18th century coal powered, steam driven pumps were installed to clear the water. When working maximally the pumps could clear nineteen thousand gallons of water for every twelve bushels of coal.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice