Temptation will be closing its doors

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Andrea&Mario28, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Lexi

Lexi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Well, although I am happy the renovations are now in 2016, I am curious as to how things would change with such a large reno?!? It's curious to me that things could potentially significantly change....but who knows, best thing I can think of doing is just take things with a grain of salt until actual action takes place.

Either way....will be there May 2015!!!!

2. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    well maybe but from what I understand the new hotel on the island has been close to opening for at least a couple of years and yet its ....not ...and it was a short build time line as well .but really it takes almost a full year here in alberta to build a house that's worth anything.... just sayin.... crap I cant even get a quote for renos here lol

3. cj&wj

cj&wj Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    They are "freshing up" the rooms! We were there from oct 10-17 and they took everything out of the rooms, painted and fixed any issues. This all happened across from the gym.

4. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    So... the final word is that TTR will be - partially - out of commission while they do a big-time rehabilitation/facelift project?

OK with me. We'll go to Desire then, no worries. Or, maybe to the Hard Rock and cab it over for a Boobs Cruise?

Or, maybe something else? ideas people?

5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    No it seems that Temptation will be fully out of commission at some point for a complete renovation, most likely more than 6 months, but it won't take place until 2016.

In the meantime my wife Elyse, an architect, is working on designs for a new adults only, top optional, party-time, luxury resort. I, a multimillionaire and real estate mogul, am working on the business model.

We will see which one works out first, but either way it seems like we are ok for now. I have thought about Desire as an alternative, but not sure if it is right for us.

6. robyn&mel

robyn&mel Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    We are here at Temptation. This is what we found out from staff...but take this with a grain of salt.... If they do the expansion it won't start until 2016 at the earliest. There are issues with permits and major coordination with travel agencies to ensure no bookings will be made during this period. Estimated down time is 6 months. Options being discussed are to buy the properties to the right of the resort..toward the pier. The other option is to tear down several of the older buildings and replace with 2 towers. They will add a new restaurant and new sports bar. Well, that's about all that I've got. But again, this is info I was told from different staff..so not sure if this is the final plan. The only thing that was consistent is that nothing will be done before 2016. Hope this helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice