Temptation will be closing its doors

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Andrea&Mario28, Oct 14, 2014.

1. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    Just a guess .............. But a 35 million dollar investment is going to change the cost of a stay significantly!

We all knew changes were necessary and were coming or the place would be falling down.

Check out Desire.........you'll not be disappointed and likely it'll be about the same cha-ching when TTR reopens.

Side note- This is just a guess!

2. Spyre

Spyre Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I imagine they made some decent money selling Cabo that helps fund this too.

3. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    I thought that's when they opened Pearl? Regardless ............... I kind of think we're going to see a significant price bump.

Just guessing......

4. Spicy

Spicy Spicy is the Variety of Life Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,263 / 3
    I love it Steve! Hey by the way, too bad we never got a chance to meet last month. tee-hee tee-hee

5. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +246 / 3
    FYI - Original Resorts didn't own the property they just had a 5yr lease to operate the Cabo location with an "option" to purchase after the 5 yr lease term - they just made a decision to not exercise the option to purchase and also not to renew another 5 yr lease on that property.

If anything, when they walked away from the Cabo property, they took a significant hit(Peso wise) on all their improvements to the property, new disco, outdoor jacuzzi, restaurants, room upgrades, etc, they made before they first opened the doors and through the 5 yr lease

6. blufforbust

blufforbust Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    That's good, we are wanting to get back there in Sept 2015. Our 2 year break has been too long. We were thinking about heading to Desire if the Reno was happening.

7. southsoundfun

southsoundfun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0
    Glad to hear the plans are on hold until 2016 !!

If they do a renovation, sure would be nice if they installed a hottub such as Desire RM or the now closed Desire/Temptation/Desire Cabo property had.. the hottubs can make life enjoyable :)

8. BobbyNJaime

BobbyNJaime Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +348 / 0
    During my sales pitch for Premier yesterday, I was told they weren't shutting down 100%, it would be stages. They are adding 4th floors to the buildings and moving the sales offices above the buffet. This was from the sales people's boss.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    That was the initial plan from a year ago, the most recent plans are much more extensive and will require complete shut down.

I don't think Premier would have had much chance of a sale though if they had mentioned that :)

10. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 2
    It does seem that with Mexican resorts, there is a complete lack of transparency with any plans in the works, compared to what we'd expect north of the border. Rather than employing a Marketing Manager, they seem to employ a Propaganda Minister. They must be doing something right though, since none of us can get enough of the place.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice