Temptation will be closing its doors

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Andrea&Mario28, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Jarred

Jarred Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I couldn't agree more!

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    They are here too , but only when purchased as a pre packaged deal

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I've been wondering the same thing.... room for twice as many people will mean a whole lot of new folks. And yes I know everyone says its the people there that make the party but... and walk through this with me before you dismiss it....

We have all been to other hotels beside TTR. Ones where we meet maybe two or three other people during an entire week. And we were not able to start a TTR style party. So it must be the mass of like minded people that make the difference.. yeah, but.. we've all been there at TTR when it's dead because of the crowd. We've waited it out and a new crowd came in and off we went again. But that new crowd learned the behavior from someplace, learned that TTR wasn't like other hotels that you kept to yourself. They learned that from the Repeaters, people that have experienced it before. And since TTR has one of the largest group of Repeaters of any hotel in Cancun we usually make up a good part of the crowd. Say 1/3 to 1/2 at any given time at the now 400 room hotel.

Double the size of the hotel to 800 rooms and we're now looking at 1/6 to 1/4. Without the right instigators (read entertainment crew) that trained the original Repeaters that passed on the knowledge going forward, is that 1/6 to 1/4 percentage enough to train all the new virgins that will come? Or will the new 400 rooms be filled with Bachelor parties looking for loose women or more of the adult only couples that look down on topless females like at other Cancun hotels. Will the vibe survive.

And no I don't think we can just make it happen anyway, that was proved at the GOV when people said they would just do it there.

It takes a perfect storm to create a TTR and there is a 10 month cold front aimed at TTR.

Don't get me wrong, I really, really want TTR to survive as the place that it is. I just have serious doubts that it will, and pray that I'm wrong.

Jamie

4. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 2
    TTR's relatively small size is one thing I've always thought contributed to the ease of making new friends. Adding a ton of rooms doesn't have to take away from the atmosphere, just as long as the Ent Staff and Security are not given the task of toning down the fun...things should be ok. As long as they continue to market the resort toward couples and highlight the topless party friendly environment, I'm not too worried.

In business, a great strategy for a successful company to make sure they stay successful is to "attack yourself" before a strong competitor does. That may be part of what's going on here. With the Oasis Sens looking to enter this niche market, TTR may be wise to increase capacity and modernize the entire resort going forward.

Most importantly, CancunCare will be an even more critical asset for those of us who have made lifelong friends, with Steve's help.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  5. Nikki&Ira

Nikki&Ira Secretary of Octoberbreast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +921 / 6

I feel this too. That's why I am sad. Anything can happen-good and bad. I'm remaining optimistic. I'm booking a trip in the next few days and we are gonna party like there is no tomorrow because there may not be another trip to the TTR that we all know and love.

Nikki

6. loopywoz

loopywoz Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    We have just booked for May and I did ask T.C about if the hotel got shut down earlier what would happen. They said your get offered alternative hotel if you don't want that you can have your money back

7. Deleted member 12579

Deleted member 12579 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wow how disappointing. I haven't been on here in a while so just catching up!. Brewster and I don't like big resort. we have always looked for 3 to 400 rooms or less. I do think it will never be the same. I wonder what will happen to the members like me that may not like the resort anymore. I hope you are wrong Jamie. maybe they are doing it to add some sort of value for the members but I would much rather the current vibe. That's why we became members not for the change. FFS

8. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 2
    I agree that Jamie and I like Temptation just the way it is...it's a second home...we love the staff, the food, the atmosphere and the small size. The bigger picture that ownership must take into consideration includes the real possibility that without expansion and modernization, the resort will begin to slide the wrong direction financially. It's much better to make major changes a year or two before they are forced to...because by then, it may be too late. The travel and resort industry is dynamic by nature, and to stay alive, they must be able to move at least as fast as the competition does.

In the end, we'll take a new and improved TTR, rather see it eventually fail due to a fear of risk and change.

9. FRANCESE

FRANCESE Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last December they told us they had a plan to build an high rise building over the Restaurant in the center, I was not happy ot hear this, because it will completely shade the pool area, I also heard they were going to create a larger pool by connecting the vollyball pool and the sexy pool as well.....of course this was coming from one of the resort sales persons, so who know if this was the acutal plan.....a high rise above the main restaurant would be a complete blockage of sun over the pool....that will suck....the beach is not deep enough to catch rays for that many people.........

10. TexasFunnSun

TexasFunnSun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    The following is all predicated on the hotel keeping the same theme.

As long as they do not acquire one of the properties next door, they will still have the same small footprint (width of property). This means that to add rooms they can only go up and/or add rooms above the center.

What gives the resort that small feel and allows you to constantly interact with other guests is the horseshoe layout of all of the common use areas. As long as they concentrate all of the activity towards the center you will still always be near other guests when out of your room.

When you go to the other large resorts in Cancun, the property is really wide and all the amenities are spread from one end to the other.

But the biggest thing is the attitude. This last trip, we spent part of our time at TTR and part at a really upscale property. The people at the high end resort all walked around like zombies. Almost none of them smiled. You're on freakin' vacation!! Top shelf everything and they were not happy. Half do not even respond when you say hi.

Needless to say that is not the case at TTR. If you say hi to anyone at TTR, be prepared to spend some time with them and party.

We even stayed a night at TTR when we already had a room at the high end resort. (it was lingerie night after all).

Hopefully they will keep the theme. As long as they do, the people will come and we will all still have a place to go.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice