Temptation Vs Desire

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by kg&jg, Dec 15, 2022.

1. kg&jg

kg&jg Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hello all, We are long time Desire people. We have switched up trips between Desire and Desire Pearlfor a few years. This is the first year that we decided to change things up and are booked for Temptation. We are booked for January 11-16. Looking for anyone who has done both to just give us a little heads up as what is different or what to expect thats different from the Desire resorts. TIA

2. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Here we go.....bullet points

Food/Restaurants. Desire has better food, but TTR has more diversity. The service is about the same, maybe a nod to Desire. Room service at TTR is pretty spot on, quick and decent (order off TV menu)
    Rooms. TTR for sure, at least the Tower, modern and fairly new (the materials are cheap), double sinks, places to hang and put clothes.
    Check in/Check out. Desire is much better, no deposits, just a couple of minutes at the most.
    Pools. Its a wash both are nice. The pool music at TTR is much louder. TTR hot tub is OK, but ... single dudes killing the vibe.
    Bars. Desire seems to keep a few higher shelf in stock for members. Non members drinks are the same.
    Singles/Groups of dudes. You will have to contend with (some are cool). Some husbands at TTR can be a bit creepy and "touchy".
    Cameras. Everywhere at TTR now.
    PDAs. Limited at TTR. Used to be common, but not anymore. Balcony shows still exist.
    Bash Nightly Party. Fun, outside, music can suck.
    Theme Participation. Much sexier at Desire. More "fun" at TTR. Way more participants at Desire.
    Beach. Crappy at TTR.
    Overall: TTR is much more instagram/vegas pool party. "Look at me having fun". Its a fun place and may be a good change of pace. Party doesn't go as late as Desire, but starts earlier. At Desire, after a few days everyone will recognize most other guests, if not by name, TTR is way too big for that.

3. toledocpl

toledocpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Bigger party. Daytime a little. Nighttime a lot. More people. Less personal. All three resorts are fun in different ways.

4. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Temptation is more of a party atmosphere. It used to be a very sexy party atmosphere, before the renovation, but now it's a fun adult party vibe. I think it's something similar to what you can find in Vegas.

Desire is much more upscale, you feel like a VIP guest, even if you aren't Premier. Temptation is more fun, fun, fun, shake your booty! Drink more tequila! atmosphere. It's often called "Spring break, for adults"

If you are not Premier, Temptation will try to sell it to you. They can be persistent. Desire, I felt they asked you in the beginning and left you alone after.

If you guys are tall, the Sexy Pool at Temptation should be OK for you. I am 5ft tall and I have to navigate the Temptation pool on tippy toes. I often just hang to my husband.

At Desire, I always feel the other guests are more welcoming, like old friends or acquaintances. I used to feel this way about TTR, pre-reno, but in more recent visits, I haven't felt that vibe.

Another thing to bear in mind is the singles crowd. Many single guys can be polite and respectful, but some cannot.

Overall, Temptation is a fun resort. You get a good bang for your buck. I love TTR but I prefer Desire.

5. kg&jg

kg&jg Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thanks everyone for the insight. We are looking forward to to our first TTR experience.

6. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Let us know what you think!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice