Temptation vs Desire

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by rkfunpeople, Jan 27, 2013.

1. j&kfrommi

j&kfrommi Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cabo Desire?

Looking at going to Cabo Desire end of April, can anyone give a comparison to Cabo?

2. IDareU

IDareU Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 1
    We have been to Cabo TTR which is no Desire - we were there during the change-over, Temptation had been painted over and Desire was up.

If TTR Cancun is a 3* this resort was a 4*. Rooms are bigger and nicer, couches in every room. Outdoor fire pits next to the bar with couches and chair seating. One pool with swim up bar. Hot tub on 2nd story overlooking the beach with the Spa underneath. Can hear the crashin waves, and the hot tub has a swim up bar in it. Seats well over 50 with beds surrounding the hot tub.

Was a very laid back place - since its on the west coast it was all Canadians and Americans. Mainly from Alberta, BC, Wa, Ca, Az, NV. We met two folks from NY and 2 from Argentina. Lots of Californians due to the short flight. About 150 rooms so its not as hectic as Cancun.

We like Cancun too as it is its own fun - but with the switchover we have not gone back to Cabos, maybe in Oct but would like the place to pick up more as we've heard the busiest weeks were about 50-60% occupied.

3. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

The things I loved about Cabo was taking long walks on the beach, the dryer weather , the small town feel, and the dessert .

Getting there from the east is a challenge

The weather can be cool Nov,Dec ,Feb.

4. SHOW_ME_CPL

SHOW_ME_CPL Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great job all, a very informative thread.

5. Locobean

Locobean Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm so happy to see all your reviews between TTR and Desire.
    We wanted to stay at TTR April 5-15 but we sadly received an email this morning that TTR is booked full between April 10-13 so we need to find another hotel. Thanks a lot April Addicts! lol

I'll be "working on" hubby tonight to convince him to have a split trip TTR/Desire.
    Wish me luck!

6. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    [I'll be "working on" hubby tonight to convince him to have a split trip TTR/Desire.
    Wish me luck![/QUOTE]

just get completly naked and ask him how he likes your Desire swimsuit

7. Sultryfox

Sultryfox Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    We are strongly considering a trip to Desire, and probably the Cabo location first just because it is a direct flight from Seattle and so much easier for us to get to - Cancun is preferred for a more tropical feel and for the RM beach, but the flight is several hundred more than going to Cabo and there are no direct flights from Seattle, so it actually costs us more to fly there than to stay there when we have gone to Temptation. I know Desire is more expensive, but it sounds like it provides more of what I like in the way of luxury service and amenities, and I don't mind the PDA or people being naked, sounds fun!

I have a funny feeling that we may end up splitting our time between DRM and TTR the next time we are in Cancun as well, from everything I have read about Desire it seems like it would be a great fit for what we like. I would say it might suit us better to start at TTR and finish the trip at Desire, to kind of chill out a bit.

Pearl sounds nice, but seems way over priced. The entertainment would be great there with Omar, but the cost is prohibitive - if we are going to pay that much money to stay at a resort, I want to be pampered at a luxury spa resort, like Le Blanc, Dreams, or Secrets. It just doesn't sound like Pearl is different enough from DRM, luxury-wise, to justify the cost to stay there. I did see on the Desire forum that people were really pissed off a few weeks ago when TTR was overbooked and they sent a bunch of people to Desire Pearl and gave them upgraded suites - their point was that those who booked at Pearl should have been upgraded and the regular rooms given to the people from TTR because they are substantially better anyway, but I can see why they did what they did, given that it really changes the vacation unexpectedly!

Anyway, I'm really curious to see what it is like to stay at Desire, and will give an honest trip report when that happens.

8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Bumped people from TTR for overbooking and gave them upgraded rooms at Pearl, eh? Interesting customer service. I'm not saying it is a bad idea, either. Give folks a taste of "the good" life, hook a few, make more customers, etc.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice