Temptation vs Desire

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by rkfunpeople, Jan 27, 2013.

1. jeflanne

jeflanne Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Great TR. It was fun hanging out with you guys at the resort. Based on your review, we might have to try Desires next time.

2. jeff & barb

jeff & barb Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    We had a slightly different experience at Desire, where, for us, it seemed more like a nudist camp than the party scene that Temptation is. For sure, the afternoon hot tub scene is awesome and the playroom late night as well. But each of those spots is maybe 50 people, while the rest of the guests walked around naked and kept to themselves. As for the one comment about unruly disrespectful single guys at TTR, we never saw that in our two visits (maybe because my wife welcomed the attention :)

3. $parkie7

$parkie7 June Junkie Sponsor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +908 / 0
    No attention wanted from that group...Security finally got rid of them from Paty-O's when they were stumbling drunk. I am definately NOT:icon_exclaim: one to shy AWAY from attention.....LOL
    ~Dawn~

4. HnJ

HnJ Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Being first timers, we aren't real certain what to expect, but the idea of a "couples only" resort almost persuaded us to go to Desire instead of TTR. The only reason being the possibility of the large disrespectful kind of group you mention above.

Based on the overall comments of the people here on CCC, I'm sure if we do run into issues, we'll be able to have them addressed and fixed.

5. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Question: Is Desire a less "Sophomoric" level of fun, i.e. less Adult Spring Break-ish in attitude? Less bodyshots, less Alcohol-infused Whip Creamed tom-foolery, like that?

Oddly, that's sort of what make it so much darn fun at TTR. I grant ya, running around nekkid some is fun, too, and the playroom concept has been fun in the past, but... I might miss the keg stands!

Or, maybe not. Nekkid Stacia is Good Stacia.

6. NormaSnockers

NormaSnockers Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    It's nice to hear from someone that has experienced both. We're planning another trip to TTR for Labor, but Dikfore mentioned possibly switching over to Desire for a few days afterward. I'm a little unsure about the idea of full nudity but if it's not all over the place then I might be able to get past that... But I also really enjoy the party atmosphere at TTR. We attempted a relaxing morning on our last trip but got bored after 15 mins and went back for the action at the sexy pool. And back to wishy washy I go. lol. I guess it's a good thing I have so much time to think about this.

7. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Stacia's unafraid of nekkid.

However, she is deathly afraid of boredom!

We visited Desire one morning in April, when Luis, the manager who closed us on the TTR membership with the RCI angle (trying that out this year, will let you know how it works out). We arrived about 9:45 a.m.

Beautiful day, sun shining, we went in and got some breakfast when Luis gave the guys at the place the "nod," and the food there was Fan-de-damn-tastic, even just the buffet breakfast. Clearly better/fresher than at TTR, and that really IS saying something.

Breakfast over about 10:30 and out to the pool we went. A server almost immediately came by, and on vacation, I was like, "Sure, I'll have a beer." That's the TTR speaking. Nobody else was drinking at Desire at 10:30 a.m., for the there-obvious reason that there was NOBODY out at the pool at 10:30 a.m. I mean, desolate.

Now, there were some folks laying out down at the beach, but nobody at the pool. Mentionable because of the difference between the TTR Sexy Pool, which starts to heat up at about 10:00 a.m., you better be in place, you know what I mean.

People at the beach were laying out nude, so I asked the server what was up, and while Stacia & Deborah went off tot he ladies, the guy said it was just early, do what I liked. So, trunks off, and Desire ready. I laid out. The girls came back, and the only reaction I heard was a slightly raised eybrow on mine.

About 15 minutes until Noon, another couple, early 30-ish, came down and talked to us, the guy going nude, the girl just talking clothed to S & D for a bit, then going to get a bite. She was in her in-room robe-thing, so I just presume nude benath, but not sure. The guy just didn't care, nice fellow. Ohio? I think is where he said they were from. he said they'd been partying the previous evening until about 1:30 a.m., then went down to the beach for a walk, and got to bed late - so take that for whatever.

But, then we had to leave.

So, I would affirm that it's a later crowd than at TTR, for the simple fact that they get started later.

8. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Banned

Ratings:
    +255 / 2
    That's how we found it too, deadly quiet in the day, no swim up bar, people just lying round the pool, entertainment/ games over in a couple of minutes, not like TTR at all. The nights are super crazy tho... And no tan lines. And when there's a crazy thunder storm on the last night you can dance naked in the rain ! (one more off the bucket list- happy days).

:daisy:

9. Ready2party

Ready2party Original H&H Gangsta's Registered Member

Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    We were at Desire Cabo last Halloween and while there wasn't as much all out partying in the day like at TTR it was far from quiet! It had a more sophisticated feel to it. However the night time partying was fantastic! Both the food and drinks were higher quality that TTR. The disco was a blast as was the roof top hot tub. We are going back over Halloween again this year.

10. SMPM

SMPM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Temptation & Desire

We are Temptation & Desire regulars. This year is our 7th trip, and we always split our holiday between the 2 resorts. We like them both; they both have pluses that we love.
    We like Temptations for the fun, party atmosphere. We like Desire for the nudity and 5 star service.
    Last year we were asked to move from Desire Mayan to Pearl (the first week they were open) and loved it there.
    So this year, we will be at Temptation for 4 days (Mar 29-Apr 2) then Pearl for 6 nights.
    Pat & Stu

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice