Temptation vs Desire

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by rkfunpeople, Jan 27, 2013.

1. rkfunpeople

rkfunpeople Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just got home from our 7 day vacation where we spent 4 days at Temptation and 3 days at Desire. This was our second trip to Temptation and our first Trip to Desire. Many people we met at Temptation asked us to write a quick review about the differences between the two resorts.

First, I have to say that Desire, while we were there, was only about 75% full so things could be a little different depending on the week of your visit. We heard from several repeat couples that lifestyle take over weeks are a lot different then normal weeks.

The biggest difference we saw was that at Temptation people spend most of the day around the pool drinking and socializing with friends or new people they happen to meet hoping they will be sober enough to make it to the night time activities. At Desire, people sleep or read around the pool during the day and prepare themselves for the party that starts around 3pm at the hot tub.

Cost: Desire is a bit more expensive then Temptation but as the old saying goes you get what you pay for. Comparing the two resorts is like comparing apples to oranges. The best I can do is say that if Temptation is a 3 star then Desire is a 5 star. An example would be at Desire they pulled my wife’s chair out for her at every restaurant, including the buffet. When you order a drink at Desire your glass is never empty. The resort itself is extremely clean with nothing out of place.

Clothing Optional: We thought going into it that everyone was going to be walking around nude all the time. That is not the case at all. Some do and some don't the great thing is know body cares. At desire you will see people without clothes but mainly only around the pool, on the beach or in the hot tube. At all meals and walking to and from different areas people are dressed.

Swingers: Yes, at both resorts. My wife and I are not swingers but we were asked at both resorts and found that a polite, thanks but no thanks, works the same at both places. Everyone we met was very respectful. Now with that being said, the difference at Desire is that you can pretty much assume that the vast majority of people are swingers at some level.

Public Displays of Affection: Temptation, you might see it. Desire, you will see it and depending on were you are you will see a lot of it. At Desire it is not uncommon to see people engaged in sexual activities, especially around the hot tub, on the beds around the resort and of course in the playroom. We were expecting to see this, so we were not offended.

Will we go back to Temptation? We are not ruling it out. Will we go back to Desire? Yes. Desire offers everything Temptation offers plus a little more. It is more expensive but after seeing the resort and experiencing the sexy atmosphere and getting the impeccable service at Desire, we have to go back. We loved the romance at Desire and no offence to the single people we met at Temptation but we also liked that Desire is couples only. :aktion025::aktion025:

2. chris-n-allison

chris-n-allison Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +112 / 0
    Thanks! We're booked for our first Desire trip in May and can't wait to experience it for ourselves!!

3. W8ing4thesunND

W8ing4thesunND Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0
    Spot on, we always do 4-5 days at TTR and 3 at Desire. I like TTR for the party atmosphere and my lil lady loves Desire cuz she loves to be naked. Never once had a bad expierence with the singles at TTR or the fun peeps at Desire! We will continue to split the days..

4. SNHcouple

SNHcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    thanks for comparison, Desire sounds like a lot sexier version of 5 star LeBlanc resort

5. Ready2party

Ready2party Original H&H Gangsta's Registered Member

Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    We couldn't agree more with you on your comparison!

6. girlfortony

girlfortony Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Agree, it's a nice romantic experience for couples - still a party, no kids, only couples - it's a great balance for us. People shouldn't shun away because they think everyone is nude (I think we did that once, while laying around sunning, but only briefly, just not our thing) and that it is all swingers. From what I read, seems like TTR is about as much of that as Desire, and with both places, you can choose to say no and leave it at that. We wouldn't even split our trip if we were not going when so many old friends are going to be at TTR.
    Michelle

7. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    agree - very accurate report

rob

8. Docnnurse

Docnnurse Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    We did the exact same thing last October( splitting out time between Desire and TTR)

totally agree with your assessment!!

9. HnJ

HnJ Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Thanks for the comparison. As a first timer to TTR, we weren't really sure which to book, but went with TTR. Who knows, maybe next time we'll have enough time to visit both!

10. $parkie7

$parkie7 June Junkie Sponsor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +908 / 0
    My husband wants to try Desire. He said it will be much sooner if we keep having the large groups of unruly disrespectful single guys during our travel week to TTR. We also have some great single friends that come to TTR, and many couples that we have met over the last couple of years. We just wish security would step in more often when the large groups of singles become disrespectful.

Great report. Thank you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice