Temptation Price Matching? Anyone Done This?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Ghost37, Oct 5, 2020.

1. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    I have booked the last few times with Expedia. Never a problem and good customer service. Orbitz is another option. the platform is exactly like Expedia but sometimes the prices are cheaper.
    The RCI issue is the time share contract you have doesn't support all inclusive.

2. txcpl1129

txcpl1129 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +993 / 0
    Good info, thanks for this info...

3. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +422 / 1
    We booked our first two trips through Expedia. No problems at all with Temptation Resort. Did not have to pay anything extra.

That said if anything goes wrong Expedia is horrible to deal with. They royally messed up a family vacation a few years back... showed up at 2:00am and hotel had no record of us. 4 hours on the phone trying to fix it up... and had to pay an extra $500 in the end.

4. Flfuninsun

Flfuninsun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    We got a price match through the resort and it was pretty simple. I first called the resort and asked if they price match and was told yes. I gave the person the details, I found a deal on priceline, she asked me to email her a screenshot of it which I did. The next day I received an email reply that they would match it so I called in and booked it. I prefer booking thru the resort in case I want to make changes or add days etc. it's easier dealing directly with the resort. That said, we met a couple who told us they booked thru a travel agent familiar with lifestyle resorts and they also got a very good deal and the travel agent got them some other perks.
    Good luck!

5. Ghost37

Ghost37 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Thanks to everyone for the replies, I just wanted to update with my experience.

I called twice. 1st time I was told by the woman answering that she wasn't sure about price matching and took my number for a call back from a manager. Didn't receive a call.

2nd time calling a couple days later I was put on hold and then disconnected.

I also emailed their main email address several days ago, but no response.

So not sure if this is typical, but definitely could be due to the hurricane. so I was planning on just waiting a week or so and trying again since I wasn't really in a rush.... But I got a price drop notification for Temptation through Agoda at $189 a night, free cancellation until Dec 28th and I trust Agoda and have booked with them before so I jumped on it. 8 night stay for just under $1800 with taxes incl. So I'm pretty happy with that!

6. mojo

mojo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0
    Nice information on this post, we booked our very first trip to TTR through booking.com
    It was a bit cheaper than the resort and no upfront payment with free cancellation l! This is very important these days..
    I will try all those sites mentioned in this thread, looking for a better price than $260 ich per night for garden view room! We'd very very much love an ocean view room.. wife has a habit on vacation to smoke naked in the balcony :D

7. Ghost37

Ghost37 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Not sure on your dates, but I highly recommend looking into Agoda and checking the site daily.

I just checked today and the price was a bit lower than when I just booked a few days ago, I did a live chat and showed them the screenshots. I just received a refund for $88 on my initial booking.
    January 4th-12th Trendy Garden View
    8 nights for $1706 total incl taxes!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Has anyone ever used trivago. Or should I just use the trivago quote to get a price match? Are there benefits to booking directly through the hotel? We usually use Expedia but their prices suck now.

9. johng24

johng24 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 0

10. johng24

johng24 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +502 / 0
    We use trivago for a quote and then call for a price match. It worked for us last year. I been watching trivago for a while now and their prices are getting close but I think they’ll go a little lower. Fingers crossed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice