Temptation Or Hedonism?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by thedeb&dude, Jul 23, 2019.

1. thedeb&dude

thedeb&dude Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    so...we are double booked 8/18 to 8/23 between Temptation and Hedonism. we are looking for input to decide which to go to and which to cancel. we have been to Temptation once last year and really enjoyed ourselves. We didn't partake in room crawls or 'other' activities because we actually didn't know about this forum until we arrived...but still had a blast. On the other side, Hedonsim seems like a really good time as well. Just looking for input and help in swaying us one way or another.... thanks!!!

2. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,674 / 4
    @thedeb&dude Welcome to the Forum. It's a great way to get info, reconnect with folks you've met at TTR and make new friends.
    As you've been to TTR, you already know what it's all about :)
    To your request for input, it all depends what you're both looking for in your next vacay, activities and play/fun.
    Hedo (H2):
    - will vary by week/takeovers/theme of the week, but generally an older crowd than TTR and much less of a party, springbreak-for-adults, atmosphere.
    - As you'd already know from your research, it's LS-focused, all nude optional (prevalent), and you'll see displays of public sex, and invitations for same. TTR isn't an LS resort per se, but can have an LS undercurrent.
    - compared to TTR, H2 is an older and smaller resort, and not as modern/classy. H2 does have it's charm and the people are great too
    - H2 is generally more expensive than TTR (H2 typically has the same price point as Desire Pearl and Desire RM... look into those as well, if you're seeking relaxing, all-nude experiences)
    - H2 has less 'membership' timeshare sales pressure, and no tiered, bracelet-color, ranking/caste system like TTR has (really dislike that, but it's their business model).
    - same attire and similar theme nights
    - you will make friends for life and meet great folks at either place
    - H2 does NOT have Steve's world-class and oh so memorable Boobs Cruise! :)
    - since you've been to TTR already, why not give H2 a shot so you can contrast and compare based on your own experiences rather than the diverse views of random folks like us :)
    - do have pre-trip deep conversations with your loved one/travel companion before going to H2 so you can have groundrules, do's/don'ts, wishlists, etc. (there are a few travel forums for H2 as well. Dr Google will point you in that direction if you wish)

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  3. Cinnamonflixxx

Cinnamonflixxx Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 1
    So curious about how you accidentally double-booked 2 resorts!

Having been to both resorts, I definitely like them both but for different reasons. I think I have to say I slightly prefer Hedo. I think of Hedo as a slightly luxurious version of adult summer camp since they did the renovations (so not at all luxurious compared to a luxury hotel).
    Things I prefer about Hedo:
    The beach is more beautiful than TTR.
    There are more trees and vegetation.
    There are more pools and hot tubs.
    I like that you can go nude.
    I like that PDAs are allowed.
    The booze is higher quality.
    Use of spa sauna and cold pools is no extra charge.
    Quiet side at Hedo for relaxing as they don't have Bose speakers pumping out easy listening music.
    Prefer the music on average but it can get repetitive at Hedo too.
    Included snorkelling, glass bottom boat, and, diving trips.
    No bracelets or sales pitch.
    Pool + Hot Tub open late night.

Like ManyEOntario said, age of crowd at Hedo depends on the week. This is probably what I dislike most about Hedo (needing to be selective about the week). I like partying with all ages, for sure, but it just isn't the same when there are hardly any people in your age group. That being said, I've heard there are more young people during the summer at Hedo because that's the cheap time to go.

Things I prefer about TTR:
    Pretty sure that no matter when you go to TTR, there will actually be people of all ages, with a good number of people in the 20-40 range.
    The value for the rooms: can get a room with a jacuzzi for the same price as a basic room at Hedo.
    It's sexy but not constant sex (I find I can get tired of how sexed up Hedo is at a certain point).
    Guaranteed party every night (some nights can be subdued at Hedo depending on the week).
    Room service available.
    Beer and pop in all room fridges.

Things I found different but equal is the entertainment, the staff, and, the food.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  4. Pelotongirl

Pelotongirl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WE WANTED TO KNOW!!!! THANK YOU!

5. Pelotongirl

Pelotongirl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Can someone elaborate on the sales pitch/bracelet system? Thanks a million!

6. BrianandAlicia

BrianandAlicia Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +615 / 0
    TTR requires you to wear a bracelet which tells staff that - (A) you are part of the resort (there have been people who walk off the beach and try to join the crowd. Usually doesn't last very long for them before being asked to leave) - (B) there are perks to those who wear a certain color of bracelet. Those who have a black bracelet are part of the Premier package (either owners of timeshares or ones using a referral from said owners) and they have access to certain benefits at no extra charge, like top shelf alcohol, access to the tower rooftop , the Temptation yacht, and some others. The white bracelets indicate that there is a fee to access or use the previous mentioned benefits. All depends on what you are wanting to do while at TTR. We've used both and have been happy with both packages.

The sales pitch is a way to get you into a room where they will push really hard to get you to buy into a timeshare. They usually try to get you on your first full day early in the morning. They will throw room upgrades and excursions at you for your current trip to entice you to buy. If you are strong willed and can stick to your guns and say no all the way to the end, you may be able to take advantage of some of the deals they throw at you. They do not like NO for an answer and can/will try changing your mind throughout the rest of you stay. (personal experience)

hope this helps

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice