Temptation Miches Dominican Republic Press Release

Discussion in 'Temptation Miches' started by Steve, Sep 3, 2020.

1. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 2
    Hope I am wrong, but I'd take odds that the resorts will not open on the predicted date. Original Group has provided several forecasted times for opening, although not a specific date until now. With material shortages and Covid currently affecting industry there are big unknowns. I'm sure they will refund your money (or give credit) if there is nowhere to go, don't know about airfare. Maybe if you book the airfare with the room through the resort.

The idea of staying at Grand and getting to use both resorts was really appealing to us. We will wait until it opens before booking to see how everything plays out. The rates seem somewhat reasonable compared to the TTR and Desire prices, at least for now.

The 90 minute ride isn't a deal breaker, its only about 62miles each way (that is shorter that the Cancun Airport to Tulum). It'll be hard to get the $55 round trip private transportation that USA Transportations does for TTR. Maybe Steve will find a link to a reliable transport company.

The biggest hesitation I have is the travel time getting to Punta Cana from our home airport. Cancun is relatively quick, where Punta is going to be an overnight getting there and a long ass day getting home.
    Figure leaving the resort at least four hours before your flight home.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Hawkeyecpl

Hawkeyecpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0
    Yeah I would be shocked if it were to open on time. Very tempting to take advantage of the pricing I'm seeing right now though. Cheaper to book Grand Miches than it is to do TTR Cancun with the grand opening promotion. I'd just like to see somewhere in writing what their policy is when inevitably it doesn't open October 1st (and clarification on the use of Miches when staying at Grand). We've been tempted to try Desire before but the high cost plus more subdued atmosphere has kept us away. This setup could be perfect but if we have to also buy a day pass for Miches it's probably not worth it.

3. Hawkeyecpl

Ratings:
    +410 / 0
    Update: Just got off the phone with reservations dept. Premiere members will have full access to both resorts. Non premiere members staying at Grand Miches would need to purchase a day pass for access to Miches. Day passes for Grand Miches will not be made available.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 1
    So, are you saying that members staying at Temptation Miches would have full access to the Grand? Be surprised!

5. Hawkeyecpl

Ratings:
    +410 / 0
    No, just the opposite. You can't stay at Temptation Miches and access Grand at all. Member or not.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice