Temptation Hotel Information And Resort Map - Updated May 09

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Jamie, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    You can pay the cover only, just let the Entertainment Staff know when they are selling the bands and they can take care of you. Usually runs $15 - $25.

But anything you do buy will cost about $5 - $7. Coke, bottle of water, whatever will run about that much.

So if you're out for a while, unless you're nursing something, you'll get up to the open bar cost without any problem. But you do have the option.

Jamie

2. lauriloo

lauriloo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think you can get into Coco Bongos without paying the full $50 via the resort and I think I overheard people on the street trying to sell tickets for $70USD each. I went on my own on a night the resort doesn't go and bought a ticket for $50 from the agency that supplied my airport shuttle and Selvatica zipline tour. He claimed that was a super deal and it included a tote bag souvenir (that I had to carry with me all night :?) Other tips for Coco Bongos: I got in about 11:15 pm (missed the bus stop and had to catch another bus back) and had to go to an upper level. Seems the only way to get a drink is via a server and while I was on that level, he did a pretty good job getting me my Bacardi diets (I tipped him a couple bucks the first few times). But later on I wanted to see the show better (and get away from someone) so I moved to the main floor and never managed to get another drink for the rest of the night. It wasn't a great loss because the drinks had so little booze in them I never felt even slightly buzzed after five of them. This probably was a good thing because it was difficult to navigate the irregular stairs in the low light and the crushing crowd. Oh, and don't wear anything expensive because I was getting drinks spilled on me all night long. Despite all this, I did have a great time and finally left at 4am. They asked me to dance on the upper stage and it was a ton of fun and a great workout!

3. nicatnight

nicatnight Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So, is there anything to do at the resort after 10:30? It sounds like everyone parties in town. :lol:

Seriously, is there anywhere to dance and hang out at the resort or should we plan on going into town? Since we are only there 3 nights (Thursday-Saturday), what nights are best to stay and what nights are best to head into town?

Thanks!!

4. NOLAnmr

NOLAnmr Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jamie's Update

A few posts above, Jamie mentioned that the resort info was updated. Where can I find that update?

5. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I updated the information at the beginning of the Thread. Seemed to be easier that way rather than having to search every post.

Jamie

6. NOLAnmr

NOLAnmr Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Take a stab at my newbie ?'s plz...

We are planning on going for our first wedding anniversary from 11/28-12/4/09. We are 30 & 28 yrs old from New Orleans and are really looking forward to doing some relaxing and some partying. I have combed through the board and picked up tons of useful info & tips. It is much appreciated and handy for newbies like us. Answer as few or as many of my questions as you want. I also thank you in advance for any help with my questions below:

1. a.I have read that there are conventions or large groups that sometimes attend and the resources can be blocked off or limited. I have looked at a calendar and didn't see anything for our dates. Can anyone tell me if there know of any such groups for our dates (11/28-12/4)?
    b. Also, just usual resort occupancy for this time of year, any known restaurant closings, amenities not available, weather, any other info on these dates, etc?

2. We are booking the rooms with the lowest possible rates (due to budget). I was planning on requesting rooms by the quiet pool when booking on-line due to the fact that we are not early risers and read that this can be the quieter section. How do the state of the rooms on that side compare to the rooms on the other side?

3. How likely is it to get a room upgrade on arrival? I know this all falls to great chance and there is no way to predict. I'm planning on arriving with a big smile and discreetly handing a tip first thing to the person checking us in and maybe just asking to be placed in the best possible location and let them know it's our first anniversary. Any tips or great success stories?

4. I know some of the a-la-carte restaurants have night dress codes. I see some of these same restaurants offer brkfst/lunch such as bellavista's brkfst. Is there still a dress code when going to these restaurants during brkfst/lunch and if so: is it different from the night dress codes?

5. Are the warm jacuzzi's at the spa available for free use w/o other spa services?

6. Does anyone have any info on the cost, selection and quality of the sommelier's wine list in case we would want any? What about the house wines, what are those?

7. I understand there is a vip area when taking the Coco Bongo trip with the cast. I've heard its almost impossible to get drinks when in there. Does this VIP are also have a vip bar?

8. Out of curiousity, how much does the drops of love upgrade cost and is it worth it?

9. The lowest priced private airport transfer I have been able to find is through usa-transfers.com - $55 for 2 people round trip. This looks good but does anyone have a cheaper private transfer, if any?

Thanx!

7. Luvinit

Luvinit Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Question.....are you allowed to bring your own wine to the restaurants on the resort?

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Yes, they wont mind at all.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Guys, can I request if you have a specific question please start a new thread.

Stickies such as this are intended to provide a starting point overview and subsequent posts are easily missed by those who can answer you because we dont tend to recheck the stickies regularly. There's far more chance of getting your questions answered if you start a new thread.

10. shotgun

shotgun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 2
    Jami
    We are planning our first trip to Temptation. Can you tell me if there is a liqure store near by? Wife and I only drink Crown Royal

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice