Temptation Hotel Information And Resort Map - Updated May 09

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Jamie, Jun 5, 2008.

1. dahender

dahender Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very useful info, Jamie! I have been searching in vain for exactly what you posted!!

Another question though: What are the themes of the different clubs? Are they disco?, salsa/merengue?, 80s?, top 40?, etc? some of them like C&Cs, Frogs, etc. I already know are not dance clubs, but how about the others? My wife can't get enough salsa/merengue dancing :michaelf: , so I need to fine at least one club like that.

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    There are two that I know of that would fit your needs. The first is the Mambo Cafe, if it's still there. Haven't heard much about it in a while but it was in Plaza de Americana’s (and I know I spelt that wrong - a little help please).

The other is in the Holiday Inn of all places in the Hotel Zone up behind Bull Dogs. Can't remember the name of the club but great music and a cozier atmosphere then the Mambo Cafe.

While at Temptations just check either with the Entertainment staff or with the Front Desk Concierge - Sally or oh god I forgot her name and she's such a beautiful woman and the name is simple... arrrggghhhh!!!!

Anyway, one of the two of them will be at the desk to the right of the Front Desk if you are facing the front desk. They should be able to hook you up.

Jamie

3. Gone South

Gone South Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    Thanks Jamie,

Now I am depressed again since seeing this, ha ha.

Great job providing information. Cant wait till May 09.

4. Flaca

Flaca Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Thanks for posting the info Jamie! Hopefully the schedule won't change too much between now and December when we will be arriving!

Diana

5. djalbe

djalbe Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Weekly Agenda

Jamie,

You must have read my mind. Was waiting til about 3-4 weeks before arrival to ask this question myself in the event schedules change from February to July. Thanks for the update.

Any suggestions on WHO/WHERE to book our tours ? At the resort, thru online provider, etc ? Not sure how different the fees are from one provider to the next. I'd hate to find out I could have paid 25% less by using someone like Cancun valet, for example (...not sure if he offers them) vs booking at the resort.

Still need to square away my transfers also. Think I may book thru the hotel directly like we did last year; TransBeach I believe. Would prefer a private van for 4 on arrival and 2 separate departures. Anyone else have suggestions ?

-DJ

6. cash0268

cash0268 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Jamie for the post of events and other information. I will pack this in the suitcase for reference.

7. JimJessica

JimJessica Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    FYI

Dress Code is being HEAVILY ENFORCED!!!!!

MEN-Long pants, no shorts, no dress shorts, no swim, no tank tops, no sandals.
    Women-No shorts, flip flops, no tank tops.

This is for any place you need a reservation for....we just got back & our group of guys had to go to Walmart to buy Pants!

8. JimJessica

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you are looking for a good time....go on the Booze Cruise that Temptation does on Friday nights, it's $45 US per person, but it takes you on a 2 hour cruise of Cancun around the bay, then off to Carlos & Charlies for dinner & drinks....its a fun bar/rest. that you can dance & have a great time....then at 11:30 the resort arranges for a bus to pick you up & take you back to the resort if you don't want to pay an extra $25 to go to the City, which is overcrowded & you will have to find your way back to the resort!!! The Boat crew made sure you had plenty to drink & was going around refilling all low drinks...it was GREAT!!! Definately go on this cruise-if you only do one thing you will not be sorry....

9. Flaca

Flaca Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Re: FYI

I personally think the dress code is crazy. Rob hates wearing pants, you would think dress shorts would be allowed, same with sandals, honestly, I take so much stuff there's not enough room to put Rob's dress pants and dress shoes in the suitcases...do they allow dress sandals?

Hopefully they'll relax it a little by the time December rolls around.

D

10. JimJessica

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: FYI

They allow dress sandals for women...Men on the other hand is "it depends on the rest. mgr's mood" they dont have a specific code, my husband had close toed dress sandals and they told him yes at the Italian rest & NO at the asian one...then a friend of ours had a very SMALL open toe very nice dress sandal & they gave him a very hard time at the Italian rest. they finally let him in after much debat & NO for the asian place too....very crazy nothing is standard or across the board for men...women can practically go in their lingerie & be ok....so stupid....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice