Temptation First Visit Postitive/Negative Comments

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by latincouple42, Apr 11, 2008.

1. latincouple42

latincouple42 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got back from Temptations and thought I would comment on our experience. We were pleasantly surprised by the resort itself, the rooms were very nice and sexy and the food decent. However we were very disappointed with the on-site night life. If we were :-| in Cancun in again we might give Temptations another shot but only on a weekend. You see we were only able to spend Mon, Tues and Wed there and the nightly activities were pathetic. On Monday and Tuesday night the Disco was empty. On Wednesday night it was a little better but not much with about 10 couples there. What’s worse is that the Disco and all other bars close by 1am and the only place to get a drink is the Magarita bar which is really the restaurant for late night snacks. Thank goodness someone brought an Ipod and played some tunes to try to keep the vibe lively. The thing is the resort encourages you to go off site to Senor Frogs and Coco Bongo but we went all inclusive for a reason we wanted to stay in the resort and party.

We did meet some cool people but for the next trip I think we will better off spending the extra money and going to Desire or Hedo.

Thanks

2. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TTR is definitely not famous for its night life and that has been a complaint of many people. I always wonder where everyone goes since you know only a small percentage go with the staff to the clubs.

3. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Night life after the cast takes people to the clubs has always been hit and miss. Really just depends on the people at the resort. One nite the disco can be rocking and the next nite five people in there. I've always thought it was something they could change and make better (though there is a reason they do it the way they do). If there is a good evening game being played (ie: Quest) it usually stays busy other wise if its Karokee or somthing lame like that it usually is dead.

Glad you liked the resort over all though.

Thanks for sharing.

Nick and Renee

4. JenandTodd

JenandTodd Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    Surprisingly the quest was not very well attended this past Monday night! As for poor nightlife....it's not the best...but I don't think many hotels in Cancun have a nightlife due to the clubs. We went to a different resort in Cancun and they had absolutely nothing to do at night and never even mentioned the clubs.

5. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Personally, I think the resort is very smart in how they "export the party" from the resort to a club each evening. It gets the partiers/rowdies out and off the resort property and allows those who want to rest to do so. We did both - went partying a couple of evenings and stayed in and turned in relatively early for some serious Channel 12 time the other evenings - and it was nice that the resort was quiet come bedtime.

I'm sure everyone disagrees with me but personally, I think it's very smart how they do this.

6. TexasCouple

TexasCouple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And it's cheaper for TTR. The more people eat and drink away from the hotel saves them $$$.

I don't like it. It is one of our biggest complaints.
    Marsh

7. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I completely agree with you - I like to party with the next person but being that I'm not 21 anymore (as much as I wish I was) some nights - its good to have a rest!!

Last year Nice shoes was horrid as it was in the alternative bar whilst the other nice shoes was being changed so it was particularly bad but the year before was a right laugh on some nights. Just the music got on my nerves as he tended to play the same stuff every night. Some house music would've been good. But as others have said - it depends who's in there when everyone takes off to the clubs.

xxxxx

8. JenandTodd

JenandTodd Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    Monday night at the hotel will never be busy after the bus leaves for Coco Bongos. On April 7th about 140 people went to the club leaving TTR very empty.

9. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    I always manage to get the dancing going..........lol just got to be the one who starts and get people up dancing.

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I agree this is smart in terms of minimising costs for the hotel and maximising commissions for the Ents staff, but I dont think it is in the best interests of guests. I'm sure there are tons of people who dont want to go clubbing every night but also dont want to go to bed at 10:30 through lack of anything else to do.

Noting the comments that "it's never been known for it's nightlife" etc. I dont know how many old timers we have around these days, people that were going maybe 7 or 8 years ago, but nightlife at the resort used to be fantastic then. Anyone remember when the activities were in what is now the smoking section of Emabarcadero and the waiters that used to lead the dancing there every night?

The early (old) Nice Shoes years were good too, just seems to be the last 3 or 4 few years that have gone downhill. Dare I say, since Enrique left.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice