Temptation entertainment question

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by sinala, Aug 9, 2008.

1. sinala

sinala Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My husband and I will be leaving in a few days for Temptation-we are newbies-and are worried about the entertainment. I just read some review on tripadvisor about the entertainment being cancelled without any explanation and so on. Of course this was one negative review but I was curious as to how often does this happen? Does this happen if there are fewer guests at the resort? After reading all the info on this forum we are pretty psyched about the games etc and we just don't want to be disappointed. Also, I read about a few complaints about the food-is it that bad?

Another quick question-how much is the departure tax from Mexico?

Thanks in advance.

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    The resort doesn't cancel events on the spur of the moment for the heck of it. :D They may cancel somrething because all the ingreidents are available or lack of participation by the guests. So be there , join in and nothing will get cancelled.

The food is always a big discussion here. It you are expecting a 5 star resturant in the main dining room you are going to be disapointed. If you are expecting dog food you will be pleasently surprised. The food is good and varied. There is something for everyone. For those special nights, check out the speciality resturants or the RIO across the street.

The departure tax is usually included in your airfare. You can verify that with your air carrier to be 100% sure. It should be available in the details of your taxes and charges added to your base air fare.

3. sinala

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks a lot. I guess sometimes I read the negative reviews and get worried about not having a good time. I am certainly not expecting a five star restaurant but one review made it seem like the food was totally crappy and made you sick so that's why I asked. Can't wait to be there.

4. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Have a nice time...sinala... Play the games... :lol:

5. miked

miked Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The first year we went, after booking we read alot of reviews about TTR, then bbg, some neg. and almost canceled our trip. Four years later I can't wait to get back to TTR for the 4th visit. They have never canceld any entertainment while I have been there. They have moved things around due to weather, but that just shows their efforts to give you what you expect. The food there has always been good to me. Though not everyone like the food, they do their best to offer something for everyone. I can go to a five star, hundred dollar plate resturant and not like the food. So it is possible that you might not like the food, but thats is your taste. Everywhere you go everything you do that you enjoy someone else hates, it's not for everyone.

6. sinala

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks again guys. Always good to get positive feedback. We'll be sure to be there for the games.

7. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been to 5 of the Sandals resorts in Jamaica and one of the Beaches family resorts. These are rated 4 and 5 star resorts and I can tell you that I felt the food at the reservation restaurants, at TTR, was just as good as the meals we had at any of the other resorts I mentioned.

I had also heard bad reviews of the food at TTR and I can tell you I was plesantly surprised.
    Considering that TTR is truely about a 3 star resort, they do an excellent job in the food an atmosphere in their reservation restaurants.

Have a great time!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice