Temptation "best Rate Guarantee" - My Experience

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by matchandherbetterhalf, May 6, 2019.

1. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Hey Kath. Here's the link to the terms.

Couples Travel by Couples Travel

I consider these terms to be Draconian compared to the resort's terms, and the terms Expedia has for changes and cancellations, the latter of which I had to deal with on our recent trip to the Bahamas. I would also say that when I couldn't find the terms on the site, I repeatedly emailed couplestravel.uk to ask to be directed to the terms and conditions, and I only received 1 email in response, and it did not direct me to the terms and conditions, and that made me nervous.

I may well have a lower tolerance for tough terms than other travelers. With Sean working in film, our holidays often get interfered with because we never know what contract he will be on when the holiday comes around, or exactly when the contract will end, so change/cancellation terms are important to me, as is booking through a site with which I feel confident dealing. I'm glad to hear that others have had good experiences with couplestravel.uk. That gives me the confidence to use them in the future IF I am 100% sure we will not need to make any changes to our reservation. And I certainly didn't intend to alarm anyone who has booked with couplestravel.uk.

2. Wolfpack Couple

Wolfpack Couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    They had better rates when I checked them last week for next April. I asked what would happen if I needed to cancel. They told me they could move the funds to a new reservation. This was over an email so I never got to really get an fuzzy feeling that you can cancel? Any ideas on canceling?

Thanks,

3. Wolfpack Couple

Wolfpack Couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0
    I also asked couplestravel.uk the odds that my reservation would go through? I told them that I had read a few people seem to have good rates locked up only to have Temptation cancel them. She told me that they book over 1,500 reservations a year at Temptation and that they do not get rejected.

4. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Hey Wolfpack Couple. Check the message above to Kath in which I pasted the link to the couplestravel.uk terms. Scroll thru them and you'll find the change/cancellation terms.

As far as the resort cancelling the reservation, this seems unlikely given that the resort agreed to a price-match with ct.uk for me, but I have read on other threads that after booking with some of these lesser-known sites, people have called TTR to confirm the reservation is in place, so you could do that to have some piece of mind.

5. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    The cancellations that were reported recently I think was happening mostly with Cancelon.

6. Joe&Heidi

Joe&Heidi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    I doubt those were cancelled by resort. My guess is cancelon offered a low rate, but they werent able to get the resort to agree, so rather than eat it, they cancelled.

7. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    It seems hard to do all that deal-shopping, and spend all that time compairing deals, T&C's, etc. How much is the time worth as compared against what seem to me to be relatively small savings?

Note: I'm not saying that the Temptation direct booking vs. the couplestravel.uk was a minor savings, ~1200 is worth it.... but on the run-thru read of the above, it appeared unless I was missing something that the variance is ~$100 to ~$200...

Not that I can't be bothered... but We just book through premier, apply the going-rate discount to our daily AIF, then go to Southwest Airlines and get the flight, and done, except for USA Transfers. My total booking time is about 5 minutes per trip.

Well, that's not totally true, as this upcoming July trip Southwest is putting the price shaft to people, so we saved about $600 by flying United instead.

8. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
    we are members and we were guaranteed a price match if we ever found lower ..its one of the only reasons we became members ..
    we found a deal for 192 a night for garden view .. I called sent them a screen shot of it ..and maybe a week later we got our price for the same .
    we didn't have to fight about it at all
    it sucks that they gave you a hard time
    honestly we were expecting a bit more push back from them was happy when it didn't happen

9. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +447 / 0
    I just had a good experience too. Found it way cheaper than my negotiated rate, sent a screenshot, and the next day I had my confirmation. Was actually impressed how easy it was lol

10. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    OK... maybe their accountancy department runs slow if Karen's experience is an exemplar, since Bevy had the same about a week to take place.

Maybe i will take a time out to check the prices I can get for my trips, if someone can give me their top two sites to go check real quick after I book. I can follow simple directions like "screenshot then email them the screenshot and ask for the price guarantee."

Nifty. Learn something every day if you try.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice