Temptation 5K/10K Race Sunday 12 August

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Trina did awesome! She finished in 26:08, was the 7th woman to finish! She ran 3 mins faster than her fastest time so far.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  3. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    The Temptation Kindness for Cancer run went ahead today and was a great success with 480 runners. Many thanks to forum members Laura, Tori, Kathy and a special mention Trina (CancunFun) who came 7th in the women's 5K!

Over $5,000 USD was raised. A check for 35,000 Pesos was presented to Grupo Desafio a Cancun based charity. This money will provide free mammograms to the women of Cancun who need one but cannot afford to pay for their own. A check for 15,000 Pesos was presented to Paty de la Pena owner of Temptation to be put towards the charity that she runs which provides assistance to the people of Cancun who need it the most. There is some left over from the sum raised and this will be held and put together with future donations.

Chinos asked me to pass on a huge thanks to everyone here who donated. Although the race is over for this year Chinos will be continuing to raise money for further help to Cancun based Cancer charities.

Here's some pictures and video from the day:

[ame=""]Temptation Race: Kindness for Cancer - YouTube

Start of the 5K
    [​IMG]

Fresh fruit for runners and spectators
    [​IMG]

The live band
    [​IMG]

Trina comes in 7th
    [​IMG]

Check presentation
    [​IMG]

Check Presentation
    [​IMG]

[ame=""]Temptation Race: Check Presentation - YouTube

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  4. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It really was a great race but due to digestion issues I BOLTED for the portaloo as soon as I crossed the meta and due to traffic issues I got to the start 40 seconds before we left (weesh!) but I did PR by 5 minutes and was really happy with that. ALso you guys had, hands down, The Best Spread after run that I've ever seen outside the full-on buffet that the Tres Rios triathlon puts on (china and all). I also see that the 5K races got all the bananas. :) Aside from a lack of course marking (with distances) and that awful traffic at the start (course planning to show up 15 minutes before the salida was probably not the best strategy), it was a GREAT day. I really wish I'd been able to meet some of you.

Steve, I didn't have my voucher to give to the girl at Guest Services and she seemed quite adamant that I give it to her, but she gave me the paquete and told me to bring the voucher as soon as I found my husband. Well, given I got to the start with 40 seconds to spare (while hubby was parking) that wasn't going to happen AND the fact that she let me have the paquete gave me the impression that her words were just for show. In the event that anyone might get in trouble, however, I can email you a copy of the voucher as I have it in JPG form. Just lmk.

5. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    It was a shame we didn't get to meet, I think I saw you... at least someone who looked like your avatar streaking across the finish line :) Congrats on a new best time.

The traffic surprised me, it was very light until they closed one side of the road off for the race about 20 mins before and then it quickly built up in both directions.

I too thought the organisation was good, the fresh fruit was a nice touch.

Re the salida pickup problems, I'm sure the voucher would have helped at the time but no need to do anything further.

6. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  7. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    That was a fab result!

Nice to see your name up in lights, Trina!

Wish I could do 5K that fast:cry:

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is so awesome Trina.

9. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks so much for the congrats! I am inspired to train for the next one. I always heard running was addictive.

10. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes! Excellent job!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice