Telemarketing Sales Agents

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Erika in Cancun, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But she posted the Sunset email address in her original post. As RG said, If I were her employer her job would be in jeopardy, first for starting this whole mess. Second, if she was supposed to conceal the sponsor of the ad she didn't do such a great job of it. And third, digging a deeper hole by stating she never said who she works for. Are we to believe she's working for Best Day but using a Sunset email account? Kid stuff.

2. LTL

LTL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe Erika is the “registered” owner of Premier Vacations. It is basically the same company as Sunset World, etc, but once these companies get a bad enough rep, they change their name and resurface with the same scam under a different name.

Their domain is registered as follows:

Registrant:
    Premier Cancun Vacations & Resorts

Boulevard Kukulcan KM 7
    Centro Comercial La Hacienda, L.28
    Cancun, Quintana Roo 33321
    Mexico

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: PREMIERCANCUNVACATIONS.COM
    Created on: 08-Mar-06
    Expires on: 08-Mar-11
    Last Updated on: 04-Mar-09

Administrative Contact:
    Garcia, Erika egarcia@premiercancunvacations.com
    Boulevard Kukulcan KM 7
    Mexico
    +52.9549806789

Technical Contact:
    Garcia, Erika egarcia@premiercancunvacations.com
    Boulevard Kukulcan KM 7
    Mexico
    +52.9549806789

Erika is right, she does not sell timeshare. She “sells” vacation packages that in fine print state, you have to take a “90 minute sales presentation”. The problem is she is feeding these people to the wolves as the Sunset has the absolute worst, unethical presentation in all of Cancun and the Riviera Maya.

Case one. They grind people for 6 – 7 hours getting them drunk until they will sign just about anything just to get away. Thus wasting 1 of there short 4 day trip.
    [ame="&feature=PlayList&p=B96035181CE4B38D&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=1"]YouTube - the cancun timeshare reveal

Second. In the US is ILIGAL to pitch rental. As we all know there is next to no rental market for timeshare, as people normally find much better rates via package deals. Well the Sunset not only pitches rental, they GUARENTEE it to the people on the presentation. Of coarse t is not in writing, but instead you pay another fee (about $500 us) with their rental company (another branch of Sunset) to list it and then never hear back from them.

[ame=""]YouTube - Sunset Group sales presentation 1

So in short, Erika, no matter what you say you are still in bed with the worst filth, running Cancun’s name through the mud in the Yucatan. If people truly had any pride they would disassociate themselves with this company.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  3. drewp

drewp Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This post has got me in its spell - I can't get enough! I just re-read the whole thread and I do have a couple comments.

I'm considering moving to Mexico in the future so I may be one of the only people reading this that is not actually living in Mexico so I may have a different vantage point that others. I do think that Erika's thread appears to have been "ok'ed" by Steve or he would not have posted on the thread and it would have been yanked.

I don't think that she has done anything "wrong" except overly trying to defend herself and her company and has made it personal with some of the people on this thread. If you want to post an ad in an environment that is going to be negative toward your ads - let people vent and hopefully you will get a couple resumes for your effort and move on. Or you could come on more often and express your vantage point in trying to live and earn a living in Mexico. I'm sure plenty of us would get a LOT out of your experiences behind the scenes at a company many would consider "scam" artists. Sure people will try to pick you apart but present a honest stance and be an contributor to the boards and people will listen to what you have to say.

Tomy on the other hand really crossed a line in the sand and I would be surprised if he still works with your company. He responded with a perceived attack by attacking back - basic human nature. But he also defended his employment at Sunset by saying you guys present a gamble situation where people know they may lose money and he would not work there if the Mexican government was not so screwed up. If I said that about my current employer - they would fire me on the spot. Good luck on future endeavors Tomy - I have a strange feeling you will need it in the near future.

4. LTL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Perhaps someone that works for this company can explain to me how what they are “selling” works.

Here is what people are saying;

Premier Cancun Vacations

Posted: 2009-09-15 by
    [​IMG]
    Coffeeboy

False information & false positioning/marketing
    Complaint Rating: [​IMG]
    Company information:
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    Canada
    Phone: 604-916-2894

Cancun Vacation Packages, Mexico Vacation Packages - Premier Cancun Vacations

“The company called my cell phone to inform me that I have been selected and won a vacation.

I was transferred to Fernando to review the details of the "special offer" and basically you are offering a pre-paid vacation.

I had to confirm that I was over the age of 18 and had a credit card to check in to a resort.

In the end there was no free vacation or winning, they wanted me to pre-pay for a vacation $500 US per person that I could use at anytime.
    In addition to that they wanted me to tour the resorts and there was a timeshare plug as well.

This was a huge waste of my time (on the phone for 30 mins). The best part is you cannot email them any questions or complaint they have that part of their website disabled, so you are stuck. Even thought it states in their Privacy policy that you can put your questions and concerns in writing and email them on the website.

What a poor way to run a business.”

Premier Cancun Vacations Complaints - False information & false positioning/marketing

5. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you would tHINK so, eh? :) I'd be very surprised if that was actually the case.

Mexico is so quaint.

6. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glade you think so...I wish this would all just go away. Everyone stated their points and it's really pointless for the banter to continue.

I have gone on many many sales pitches in the US, and the ppl I have gone with have opted to purchase however many weeks they agreed upon. I have also done a few at Disney and loved that I got free admission to all of the parks. Mind you I said no, and that was that. Up until I left the US...for 4 years I was getting calls from one of the companies in the US constantly trying to get me back to their resort, to try their way with me...and no matter how many time I told them no, and to take me off their contact list, even reporting them to the BBB and to the FL Attorney Generals office, I am not going to mention their name, go on forums and bash them left and right. I choose to ignore it and deal with it in a private manner. I hate the Company, but chose to take the high road.

Point taken you all have a grudge against Sunset in one way or another. Whether it be their business practices or the way their employees defend them. But come on...three pages of BS!!!! I did my best to ignore it, but once the name calling happened and some other idiot statements were made, I just think it's time for a big old lock to be put on this thread.

Unless Steve changes the description of this forum, anyone is allowed to post a job opportunity. If ya'll don't like it or agree with it.... just ignore it. I wish more ppl would post jobs on here as there has to be so many more companies that hire foreigners here in Cancun. I know I could use their help.

7. LTL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

The best thing about this board is that people on here warm people like yourself, on the outside looking in, about jobs that sound great, but in reality they are not.

Could you imagine if before, when you where contemplating moving here and were contacted by this company stating that they had a great career opportunity for you. So you pack up shop, sold everything only to arrive and find out what the position truly involves?

Similar to Rawkus’s experience. I am sure.

Or perhaps thay miss read your application and you arrive saying you are 36 years old, only for them to flat out say we only hire people 24 to 30 (similar to what was posted last time), sorry hit the street.

8. LTL

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tori,

You are missing the point. This is not an anti-timeshare thread (at least not on my end), it is about outing the scammers that ruin peoples lives, tourists by taking their life savings, ours as residents by promising something that is not true.

It is a matter of pride for where you live. Turning a blind eye or pretending it does not exist is not going to make it go away.

9. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    But it has also been posted that ppl have friends that have worked their or do work their happily for years. I don't believe in timeshare or vacation clubs in the least, but they are allll the same in my book. Whether you use someone like Bestday, Sunset, PackandGo Vacations, or directly through Marriott, Real Resorts, Royal Resorts and others. But there are people that love this was of vacationing and "own" multiple destinations. From the 10 plus "tours" I have gone on, they are all the same in the end. And that is why working for one of these companies here is on the very bottom of my list. I don't believe in the product, and can't invite anyone to come here to feel pressured. But all those web searches about people signing away their life savings and ruining their vacations because of a 90 min tour is crap in my mind. They know what they are getting themselves into, and I have never stayed over 90 min. We are in control of our own destiny, and if people have an issue with saying NO, then that is their problem, not the sales rep who is trying to earn a living. Or the person who offered them a 4 day 3 night vacation to Cancun for $399 pp. If they don't think there are stings attached, then they live under a rock. And all the interviews I have gone on with "vacation clubs" they always give the person on the other end of the phone atleast 24 hrs to think about it. I always ask to sit in on phone calls to get an idea of their script. So in the end, it's buyer beware...do your research.
    If you think it's too good to be true, chances are it is!!!

Nobody is turing a blind eye, but Cancun exists for tourist, and without them, none of us would be here. And in any tourist destination in the world, there is timeshare.

10. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tori-Our problem is not with the job posting idea. That is fine if ok with Steve. The main issue is that Erika started posting here about a year ago with ads that are totally discriminatory and clearly detail what age, sex height etc you must be to qualify for the job. At the same time the company she clearly works for is dubious at best.

I do not think that is the kind of help you are really looking for is it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice