Telemarketing Sales Agents

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Erika in Cancun, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You are right. Apparently they do not have a PR dept that cares to defend their reputation. If they did this particular thread would have been attended to in a professional way by now.

This statement makes me giggle. How can anyone in the timeshare industry call it a gamble in public?! Very interesting choice of words. And if I were this person's boss I would have a real problem with an employee who said something like this publicly. Wow.

2. Epic

Epic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Tomy:
    Ok I’m sorry for calling you Tony instead of Tomy… I didn’t appreciate being called illiterate…

3. Erika in Cancun

Erika in Cancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, I would like to stay with this topic as long as you like, but this is going to be my last post regarding this precise issue, I didn’t want to personalize this but it seems that you need me to explain the points to each of you.

@RG – It’s not my posting which create controversy, it’s the people that cannot let go things and are just stuck in the past. I’m only advertising a job, an honest one, but well it seems that you are not happy with it, and I know that I cannot please everyone, but why can not you just be tolerant with people’s ideas or positions that are not same as yours? I’ve seen a lot of your posts on the forums and as far as I can tell you just complain all the time: you cannot simply enjoy living in Mexico, you are not able to mention three things you love about Cancun, you have to be sarcastic about the so called “danger” in the streets and the organized crime, and I’m sure it’s not about the company I work for that you dislike, which BTW I have never mentioned, but you all assume. Therefore my posts are not dragging the company into the mud; it is the people that are in the mud who are dragging whatever they can to the mud.

@drewp – what can I say? I trust that you are a professional and you should know that if you want to post an ad, then you’re going to post it everywhere, no matter if it’s a job, a pet, something for sale, you’re going to do it. Now, I got a lot of resumes, but not everybody qualifies to this job, therefore I had one position available. You are right in one thing: we can do some closure with the “cheated” guy.

@rawkus – I don’t know how long ago did you worked here, if so ever, but we pay weekly, not every two weeks, and I cannot understand why if you didn’t get paid, you still worked here for so long. – I cannot imagine myself working even 1 month without receiving a paycheck – however, if that actually happened, please receive my most sincere apologies for all the inconveniences and mostly for the misinformation, which I think was the biggest mistake, I hope that you have truthfully moved on…

@gabesz – Certainly I posted on this forum a year or so ago, and I stopped posting as it seems that you all are not comfortable with it, and I’m not blaming anyone, and I think it is completely valid, however I don’t agree with your poisonous comments. If Tomy appeared is because, as he explained it, he heard about this forum and he just sign in and well, the rest you all know, however I do not agree with his attitude, even though you hold him under attack, being suspicious and questioning everything he wrote. I don’t want you to buy anything that I say or write, I’m simply answering and explaining a little bit more than I should be doing. Now, I’ll go back again into explaining about the Timeshare issue: We DO NOT sell Timeshare, hopefully this is clear enough, if it is not, you can go back and read my previous post. Just to let you know I’m not advertising a company, I’m advertising a job, and I’m entitled to do so, as it is stated on the description of the forum.

I’m tired of all your negativity and your lack of respect to anything or everyone that does not agree with your ideology and that’s absolutely sad, since you’re supposed to be willing to tolerate and you don’t even know the true meaning of this values.

No wonder why I stopped posting…

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  4. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The wonder is why, in light of past events, you ever posted again? And since the only people to post in your defense were alleged employees of your company, as questionable as those responses were, it seems that you have no other support within the community, or at least this community. So IMHO, you've made the best choice, which is to not post again.

Oh, and one last thing: As fractious as our little community is, your characterizations of some of the really helpful, informative people who contribute to this forum on an almost daily basis, is at best indicative of a lack of true research on your part, and at worst an example of a juvenile, retaliatory hissy-fit.

5. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lots of resumes for one job. That is highly probable. But I bet you still freely discriminate due to age sex, etc. of every applicant. And that should be illegal (though I know Mexico kind of looks the other way).

Tomy appeared too close to your posting to reinforce what you have been saying. To me its too coincidental.

Trust me I will not buy anything you will try to sell.

I am sure we are all tolerant, but your sort of advertising which I still say is discriminatory is not acceptable to most of us. That includes me, RG, and those who were cheated by the company you work for even though you will never admit that.

If you are not selling Time shares then what are you selling? The right to use a vacation for a week per year or 30 weeks in total for a huge amount of money? You may not call it time share, but that is what it is. You are selling interval travel which in plain English is Time Share.

6. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Erika:

A: Growing up in Sweden, I have learned to trust people. Living here, I have learned NOT to, at least not in Cancun :)

B: You guys held my visa and passport - I had to argue to even get it back, thus I never felt that I could simply "walk away"...

C: Yes, I did actually work there - I'm still in contact with people that now have stopped working due to various issues.

D: The lady that stole the money for my FM3 and held my visa, has the same name as a very infamous American female ice-skater...

E: I also heard rumors that the very same lady was fired due to stealing money from foreign workers, claiming it was "to make them legal"...

F: Considering Sunset seems to have a fairly high turnover when it comes to staff, Im sure you get some really rotten apples and some fairly nice people - maybe I was unlucky, haha.

I do not remember anyone by the name of Erika(except the "bosses" wife..), so I doubt that I have ever met you, unless you actually happen to be her :daveandmo:

If you weren't even there when I worked, then you have nothing to apologize for. :)

That still doesn't change that fact that what "they" did messed up my entire view of this company.... Yuck.

And yes, I have moved on, but that still doesn't stop me from speaking my mind when the subject is Sunset.

7. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love it when I go back and reread things. Sometimes a bit of mendacity leaps off a page that I missed first time around

Erika's last post contains the following: ... it’s not about the company I work for that you dislike, which BTW I have never mentioned, but you all assume. Therefore my posts are not dragging the company into the mud; it is the people that are in the mud who are dragging whatever they can to the mud.(bolds mine)

But when we read the original post/ad/whatever we find: ... To apply: Please send me an e-mail with a CV or brief work history and any additional information you would like, such as photos, personal interests, languages spoken to: hr1(at)sunsetworld(dot)net and call for arranging an interview. (bolds mine)

I am assuming that Erika, and her employees have woven themselves a web of deception from which they can't quite extricate themselves. They've reached the stage where the more they protest the more they cover themselves with... you guessed it...mud.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Erika - Personally attacking me because of posts I've made in other threads isn't going to give you any credibility points. How I feel about living in Mexico is irrelevant to every single point I've made in this thread.

Attacking members of this board is unwarranted. People here have a very low threshold for putting up with b.s., that is one of the best things about this board. If you come in and are defensive, attacking and advertise something with little integrity you can fully expect people here to jump on you, as they should. This is an honest bunch of people who tell it like they see it. If they thought the job you were advertising was worth anything they would absolutely say it.

If I were your employer I would consider firing you for the way you've mishandled this thread. Seems to me that Sunset's reputation needs repair, it doesn't need employees like you pushing it further into the mud.

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Go ahead and try to tell us that sunsetworld.net isn't owned by Sunset Group...here is the public WHOIS record:

10. drewp

drewp Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think what she was trying to say was she never came out and said she worked for Sunset in her post. Well - why wouldn't you? I am a professional and if I'm posting an ad I tell people what company I am working for . . especially when it comes to a job posting. If you were completely comfortable with the reputation of the company you work for you - shout it from the roof tops. "I'm Erika and I work for Sunset and we have a couple great jobs that maybe you qualify for. Let me know if you want to come work for me."

By holding back the name of the company makes it all seem like a big scam.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice