Telemarketing Sales Agents

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Erika in Cancun, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LTL

LTL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where to start…..

2. drewp

drewp Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    11. We don’t lie, cheat and steal, even though our employees make a lot of money. When I originally posted this ad, I had 4 positions available, now I just have 1 position available. No need to lie, I just have the facts.

Ok - let’s deal with the facts. You came on this particular board to attempt to fill a couple vacant positions for fluent english speaking people to telemarket people in Canada. You posted on this board knowing the vast majority of the people writing on this board fit this bill and are living in Cancun so I can see why you would try here. However - the fact that you need to post a "help wanted" ad for these jobs is truly surprising. The Mexican government has essentially reduced the available jobs for non Mexican people to a handful of positions and you STILL do not have a mountain of resumes to choose from.

Bragging that you have filled 3 positions is kind of like a Ford dealership bragging about selling out of F-150s if the government required everyone to drive pick-up trucks.

It appears you are getting plenty of resumes to fill these high demand positions so I wish you luck.

3. Alex Sanchez

Alex Sanchez Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello All.
    Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Alex and I´ve been here before also posting positions available at the company that I work for (Sunset Group), funny thing is that I wasn´t bombarded with negativity about the company and developed into a soap opera on line, I truly respect everyone´s comments, your thoughts are not mine and my thoughts are not yours, so of course we all have a different opinion, some things work for certain people and others don’t, for the people who have a personal grudge with this company or so it seems, I don’t understand why you didn´t get paid? The company has the responsibility to pay you, however if you don’t get paid then more likely you didn’t earn it, I don’t think this company said ¨lets hold his pay and not pay this person, just because¨ otherwise why would we have so many people working with us ? Many of which are foreigners and I may add have growth with this company, I assume we are all adults and made good and bad decisions in the past so if certain people got sold on buying time share and had buyer remorse (not necessarily with Sunset) then learn from your mistake but don’t poison other people´s minds about this company, because this company has many people from all over the globe working and fulfilling everyone´s needs from the lowest to the highest, last but not least I like to add that I started working with this company as a sales agent, mastered it and became a closer, than the reservation department, and finally TAH DAH! H.R (true story am still here, if you like come visit me) am the one who recruits personnel and the one who helps along with an attorney to process the legal document FM3, and please be assure that I will be processing all of foreigners documents to legalized them not only for this company sake but there´s as well, make sense!, at the end of the day this are all comments on a blog, you may not be happy with the company (perhaps this is not the only one), but the truth to the matter and what really counts is that this company provides income to a lot of people including foreigners.
    Can we all just get along?
    comments, questions, concerns, are all welcome.

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You have? You have one post, how have you been posting here before? Did you use a different screen name? Why change screen names?

Personally I don't think this thread is helping anyone. Sunset's reputation has been trashed, again. The regulars are more pissy than normal. And all these long posts without paragraph returns in them are just giving me a headache.

Can we go back to bitching about the weather or INM or organized crime please?

5. drewp

drewp Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok - it's been a long day at work but that joke wasn't even that funny to me the second time I read it.

I do think this is a good oportunity for the "cheated" guy to get some closure since both parties appear to be reading this thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2010
  6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rawkus- You could file a report of this with INM's Verificaciones unit, at the downtown INM office. You would put yourself at some risk, admitting to having worked illegally, but Sunset appears to be guilty of employing you illegally and of not paying you. A quick email to our favorite immigration attorney might tell you what your risk/benefit ratio would be on making a formal complaint about this. It may be that you would face a fine that is quite a bit smaller than the amount owed to you, it might be very much worth doing.

If Sunset employs people illegally then they are guilty, not just their employees.

My personal opinion is that Sunset has made a serious PR mistake by not approaching Rawkus to find a way to settle this claim and to then, repeatedly, post host here about jobs. Sunset knows there's a regular poster here who feels wronged by them, but they keep coming here and dancing in the doo-doo anyway.

Sunset desperately needs to have someone in their PR department read this thread, before the employees there mangle Sunset's reputation any further.

7. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Erika: I was told to pick up my pay every second Friday... Nada.

I know what you mean about people not qualifying regarding Immigration, but that was not the issue: I even paid a certain person(wont mention any names..) to handle the change with my FM3.

All I got were excuses, week after week. I did get my lunch-tickets, but thats it :icon_smile:

I had just arrived to Mexico and knew absolutely NOTHING about any sort of work laws and regulations, and my mistake was to even trust them from the start.

(Same thing happened in Bangkok, except that they kept their promises and delivered bot my working visa AND pay :) )

All I ever got was a tag with the word "Visitante", said to cover me until my visa was ready...

Well, once I got my visa back, it was never changed...

This, along with me not getting back my 300$US that she claimed was for the Immigration, plus not getting paid made me walk out.

Two days later, two of my friends called me as INM had just showed up during lunch time, chasing people around the area.

I know they took a few of them in, but released them in exchange for money, but two were also deported from what I heard.

Another benefit to making sure your staff is legally working, would be the chance to stop a wanted child molester from working for your company...

This is exactly why I even wrote "Im hoping you have cleaned this up" in my first post ;)

Maybe it has changed for the better nowadays?

Regardless: Sunset was MY personal introduction to the working life in Cancun, and just the name makes me sick to my stomach.

@RG: I have moved on - dont want ANYTHING to do with them anymore.

Never got to sign any agreement of any kind - wonder if Im even in their records..?

8. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Erica:
    You came to this forum over a year ago advertising jobs in a form that was highly discriminatory which is what everyone objected to first and foremost. You left or did not post again for about a year and posted here again in a format acceptable to the Forum. However its the same type of job selling time shares.

Suddenly appears Tomy who works for your company showing the advantages (?) of his job and how happy he seems to be. When he is questioned he takes offense for others being suspicious of his post promoting basically what you are saying and becomes somewhat offensive with his comment about expats in Mexico.

You now try to defend your post which is sensible. However many of us do not buy it no matter what.

Time shares are sold in Mexico by mostly companies who promise the incoming client 90 minutes of their time for a gift of some sort. And the client who then goes to this presentation after 4, 5, 6 hours leaves totally drained and many times sucked into something that they really did not want (Tomy this is not a gamble in any way for the potential buyer). They are now out of large amount of money.

At the same time many of the sales people are promised big dollar signs as part of their pay and yet ask all those who have been selling for any of the Time Share companies that they do not get paid on time nor do they get anything besides a meal once per day for their time. If they get lucky here and there to make a sale, they are excited hoping for more sales, which do not always come due to the volume of sales people each place uses. Those who are promised help with their paperwork are stuck in the same job for years without much money exclusively because of the hope for the promised legal help to get citizenship status in Mexico. By the way this happens in Mexico as well as the US and other countries. This is how employers bait people to work for them for nothing till they get their paperwork in order and pay them nothing since they know the legal papers hold them in the jobs basically as slaves to the company. And this unfortunately happens to many of the sales reps in time share companies who are not Mexican Citizens.

Now the question that I do have to ask is that does your employer know that you are doing this and do they approve of this method? Or are you doing this on your own free will to help out people? And if your employer is indeed involved in this postings, then Steve-is this not something that is direct advertising and if the Time Share company should not pay you for this advertising on the forum and avoids the payment to screw you out of income?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  9. gabesz

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Alex:
    I agree with Rivergirl-first post shows you have never been here as a poster.

But so you understand, I do not care if the company is Sunset or Real or Palace. All I know is that to get the paperwork done for these people to legally stay in Cancun you basically use them as your slaves to sell your product. And you pay them nothing while you as the Time Share company keep the majority of the profits. And if the person sees no money for some reason they cannot leave because you have their papers in your hands and hold those hostage as well. So they are stuck with you like it or not. That to me is no better then being a slave owner. And slavery is illegal if I understand correctly.

So please do not defend your company to the posters since many of us find that highly offensive. You grew with your company, great, but most will not and you and the rest of us know that damn well.

Now as River Girls says let me return you to your local weather forecast.

10. gabesz

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sunset has a reputation? And they have a PR dept? If they really cared then these issues would not exists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice