Telemarketing Sales Agents

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Erika in Cancun, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tomy Fondeu

Tomy Fondeu Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes this is the first time i signed up on this page and yes it is to put my comments on the company i work for, i am not a plant, i am a person that works here and heard about the blog so i decided to put my comments. Id like to make something clear here though. now i just started working here so will see how it goes, but thats my problem.

1st. I am not an Native English speaker, is that a problem? is this website only for Native English speaking persons? i feel that as an insult!!!

2nd. All i tried to do here is put my comments and now i got attacked by a bunch of Immigrants, yes i am Mexican and you guys are here insulting me, WTF!!!

Looks like the rain has gotten to you people, i though it would be fun to join this page since i lived abroad in many places and its always nice to keep a contact with people from other countries.

anyways this will be my first and last post just remember that this is not your country, you are visitors here or immigrants, all i see in these blogs are complaints, if u dont like it do us Mexicans a favour and go back to your country!

oh and if i have spelling mistakes id like to see you write this in spanish!!!

@ Rawkus, mate it looks like ur problem is personal, i get paid where ever i work, and if someone tries to cheat me i make sure i get paid, one way or another!!

@ Epic, my "name" is Tomy not Tony so i guess i cant write but some people cant read either!

@LTL, i agree with you on that google point but put urslelf on my place, i need to make a living, we have all worked in one dodgy place or another in our lifes, dont play the saint part here cause it doesnt work, i really get ur point on the affect this has to people but when u buy timee share u know what u getting into so its no surprise, just a gamble, and some people have the money to gamble it, i respect your comment but im just trying to make a living, i only work for a call centre, thats my job mate and me being Mexican this is one way i can make money cause my damn goverment is a screw up well so be it, i have to maintain my family somehow, DONT JUDGE PEOPLE U DONT EVEN KNOW!!

so guys with that said i wish you all the best, believe it or not i wish you peace love and happiness, here, there, or anywhere!

2. drewp

drewp Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Timeshares are a gamble?? And here I thought they were a way for people to lock in a great vacation for years to come. Definetely not a glowing recommendation for working for Sunset or buying a timeshare.

3. drewp

drewp Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    At least it's in the Canadian program - it's always ok to rob the Canadians:pcwins:

4. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Tomy: Hold it with the ethnicity - no need to go there, mate.

Believe me, I tried with a lawyer and Profeco, but since Sunset didnt hire me "legally" (no contract etc. "I will give it to you later...") and since my FM3 didnt allow me to work since Sunset never changed my status, I never stood a chance.

Since you have lived in other parts of the world, you should realize that its required by the company that hires you to actually pay you, thus eliminating the need for "revenge".

What should I have done? Burned the place down? Haha ;)

Im sure you would understand if the tables were turned and you were the one who was working illegally.

How you can label it a "personal problem" makes me confused...

I have never had ANY problems with ANY other companies in Mexico or anywhere else where I have lived and worked(Australia, NZ, Canada, England, Thailand, Norway, Greece etc.)

Sunset screwed me over big time, and NOTHING that they will ever say or do could change my view of that company, unfortunately...

Making sure your staff are all legal has many benefits.

5. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So Tomy, here's what you wrote in your original post:
    "Sometimes i wont get much one week but it compensates with another, one week i only got 2000 pesos but a few weeks ago i made 11,000 (in one weeks work) and we all get paid, if some of you had a bad experience with you payment well thats up to you!"

Here's part of what you posted today:
    "Id like to make something clear here though. now i just started working here so will see how it goes, but thats my problem."

The first post carries the impression you're a regular employee. The second pleads that you just got started. You can understand, I hope, why you raise more questions than you provide for answers.

To partially address the rest of your gripes, no this board is not for English speakers only, but the original posting by Erika was aimed at this board, which consists of many ex-pats, many of whom speak English as a first language. So to find the defense of Sunset written by what appears to be a native Mexican raises yet another question, i.e. could Erika not find an ex-pat employee with something positive to say?

As to our abilites to navigate in your language, I would venture to say there are many of us here who can manage writing in Spanish at least as well as you do in English. Your effort to communicate with the board in the language the board primarily uses is appreciated.

And lastly, don't take this as a personal attack. I think I can speak for the board, or at least for myself and say I certainly recognize your need to make a living, and there may be truth to your claim that we've all worked "dodgey" jobs to put a meal on the table for ourselves and our families. I know I have.

To me, at least, your first posting seemed to be the result of one of two motives; A) You were pressed into service by your employer so that the defense would not appear to be written by one of the company's officers, or B) You felt the need to appear to be a "good" employee in order to cement your relationship with Sunset. Either reason deserves sympathy.

By the way, inviting me to go back to my own country is the sort of negativity that doesn't do much good on either side of the border. In the same way that North America doesn't seem to recognize the economic contribution of the Mexican workers in their midst, your attitude doesn't seem to recognize the economic contribution of the roughly one million of us living in Mexico, paying the IVA for what we buy and the Hacienda for money we earn, and the millions of dollars we pump into the Mexican economy just by renting, buying, eating, driving and all the other spending we do in our daily lives.

But of course you'll never see this, because you're gone from the board. Too bad.

6. drewp

drewp Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After hearing for years about Mexican immigrants into the US, I'm shocked that the same sentaments are voiced in Mexico. Maybe Mexico should be the one putting up a fence to keep the immigrants out? Damn Americans coming down south and taking all the good job!!

7. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not that I want your last statement to be true, cause I believe the best person for the job should get it no matter where they come from. But you couldn't be more far from the truth. Americans can not get "good" jobs here. I have been here since October and have yet to land a thin. I have interviewed at about 6 places, and either left feeling dirty or they ended up out of business. They were all 100% commission based, and if you think that is a good job, you are sadly mistaken. Right now, my best option is to work for a nightclub, under the table, and work major crappy hours.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Clearly members of this board do not appreciate Erika posting her "dodgey" jobs here, every time she does so there's a bunch of controversy.

If I were Erika's boss I would be questioning whether her postings here are doing more harm to the company than good. Whenever she posts a job here Sunset's reputation gets raked through the mud, which may be hilarious for some of us, but it HAS to be bad for their business.

@Tomy - You stepped in sh*t when you posted in this thread. No one meant you personal offense, at first. But your attitude towards immigrants makes me sick! I am married to a Mexican and I work every damn day to make Mexico a better country, so you can take your anti-immigrant attitude and shove it!

9. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh RG....How I love thee!!!!

10. Erika in Cancun

Erika in Cancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been reading avidly, but haven’t had time to reply. I beg you all not to take offence at my posture and to consider the facts.
    1. We are in Mexico, and it might be not the best country regarding a lot of stuff (security, government, employers, labor laws, weather, etc.), yet it is the country we all decided to live in for some reason, therefore we got to get use to it.
    2. I originally posted an ad offering a job opportunity at the company I work with; unfortunately it has become a sort of everything, except what it was meant to be.
    3. I know we are in a forum where we all can give our point of view, and it’s absolutely valid, what I disagree with are all the attacks you have been doing, even if you are right or you think you’re position is right.
    4. I know that we can not keep satisfied every single person, and I consider it valid, as well.
    5. People that state they didn’t get paid, here’s my guess: You did not come to collect your money. As you should know, if you ever worked with us, you sign of agreement, every week, about the commissions you make, and you get paid every single pay-day, as you should know. If you don’t come and collect your money, then it’s your responsibility, not the company’s one.
    6. We give our employees Payroll Bank Accounts, therefore whenever you’re supposed to get paid we do wire transfers, even if you just walk away from the company, we do transfer the money. The last we want is this kind of comments about the company.
    7. About Immigration status, we help foreigners with the immigration statuses, if someone had any kind of trouble with it, then it is something absolutely personal, since we tell every single foreigner about what they can or can’t do, and we tell them what they are going to need in order to complete their immigration process, as well. However not always everyone listens and fulfills the requirements.
    8. About the Timeshare tour, it is well explained to every single person over the phone that they are going to take it, and people over the phone agree to it. We are not only timeshare, and we are not the only resort selling timeshare and as of my personal experience I’ve always worked with tourism, and people that buy timeshare are not happy all the time, but then we are back again to the number 4 point: “…we can not keep satisfied every single person…”.
    9. We all, as human race, like complaining and whining, it is a well known characteristic of all of us, that’s why we are always looking at the so mentioned “dark side” of everything and it’s easy! Sometimes looking the “good side” it’s better and harder.
    10. Our employees work full time and I’m sure they are making money otherwise they wouldn’t stick with us.
    11. We don’t lie, cheat and steal, even though our employees make a lot of money. When I originally posted this ad, I had 4 positions available, now I just have 1 position available. No need to lie, I just have the facts.
    12. About the “Visitante” tags, well, as far as I know, those tags are only for people visiting the company. Obviously it won’t make legal anyone.
    13. When people show up for an interview, we don’t have to hide anything nor facts from them, we explain it as it is. We can explain something but the sense people give to it, it not always the sense we gave it.
    14. Of course if you Google certain words, you’ll find what you’re looking for, that’s why we have Google Adwords, and the SEO, of course we will have good comments as well as bad comments, all relies on the experience people had when staying at any of our resorts.
    15. We don’t need plants, and certainly you’re allowed to be suspicious. BTW, I’m here to defend my posture and the company I work for, therefore no need to look for someone to do that for me, even if is an “ex-pat”. Then I would like to go back to the old saying “If you don’t have something nice to say…”
    16. I wouldn’t say “Go to your country”, because it is far too rude. I wouldn’t say that foreigners get the best/worst jobs, I can only say that we all have the same opportunities, as long as we look for them and take them.
    These are the facts, now I leave this to your personal opinion and you’re always welcome to come and visit the company and see it with your own eyes.
    Have a lovely day & weekend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice