Telemarketing Sales Agents

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Erika in Cancun, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erika in Cancun

Erika in Cancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I never left the forum, however I didn't had any positions available. Regarding the ad, I thought Steve (about a year ago or so and yesterday) had made it clear on what we can or can not post, and I'm abiding to his regulations.

2. LTL

LTL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don’t worry, the more you lie, cheat and steal with false promises, the more you make.
    Then when pay day rolls around, Sunset will in turn cheat you out of the pay that you worked so hard to sucker from innocent people.
    Surprised people are not lining up to work for this company and LOL “FEW POSITIONS LEFT”, try revolving door. But at least you get a free lunch!

3. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to have to ask this, but since Steve made it clear what is and is not allowed on the site, does this mean that you are abiding his regulations on what you can say in the ad, yet keep the same practices when people show up? Sure sounds like you are abiding by his requirements while hiding the facts from applicants. IMHO the whole idea of this type of ad is wrong on the forum. But ultimately its up to Steve to decide.

4. Tomy Fondeu

Tomy Fondeu Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I work for Sunset and i make Good money, yes its comission based, you do get a salary for the beggining to help you off, after that it depends how much you wanna earn, if u sell you make good money, you have plenty of opportnunities to sell many different packages.

Sometimes i wont get much one week but it compensates with another, one week i only got 2000 pesos but a few weeks ago i made 11,000 (in one weeks work) and we all get paid, if some of you had a bad experience with you payment well thats up to you!

Also keep in mind that they will get you to work LEGALLY in Mexico, which many companies wont so thats a big bonus!

Im happy with them, and at least its a good start if you just arrived to Mexico, location is not bad and the meal you get a day is buffet so i also save one one full meal a day, plus i get to meet other people from all over the globe and thats very cool.

5. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Tomy:

"if some of you had a bad experience with you payment well thats up to you!"

How can this be up to anyone except the company that is supposed to, ehrm, pay their employees..?

"Also keep in mind that they will get you to work LEGALLY in Mexico, which many companies wont so thats a big bonus!
    "

I guess their "visitante"-tags made people legal..?

Why would INM rush in and grab several of the employees if they were "legal"..?

I also remember that Sunset paid the INM agents a couple of thousand pesos per head to let several of them go... Again: Funny business if they were all legal ;)

Two workmates were deported - also interesting since they were "legal"...

"thats very cool.
    "

Hehe, getting my 5 months of unpaid salaries and the money I gave to the company to change my FM3 would be something I would consider "very cool" ;)

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @Tomy - Does your job description include justifying your company's practices on local forums? Looks like it does to me.

I have a number of friends who work happily for Sunset.

I have a number of (other) friends who used to work for Sunset and couldn't get away from them fast enough.

One thing each group agreed on is that their food wasn't bad.

7. LTL

LTL Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

You need to spend 5 minutes on Google my friend and see just how many people have been tricked into buying your packages only to try and cancel and been told they can’t (if they can even get through to the ever changing 1-800 number that you give), then they try to book and be told not available, not to mention all the hidden charges for A/I, seasonal taxes, etc.
    Those that do actually make it to Cancun find out that they are not staying at the Sunset as they are lead to believe in the brochures, instead not even on the beach, but in Pok ta Pok or at the run down Ocean Spa. Oh, and they are almost all booked for the infamous Sunset all day timeshare presentation to top it off. If they are not pre booked then they are basically hassled until they go. God forbid they do buy the bag of bs that Sunset sells.
    If you can go to bed at night knowing that you are basically putting these poor people through hell, contributing to the theft of their money and dragging Cancun as a whole down at the same time, then you really are an unfortunate person. For now, I will just assume that you do not know any better. When you realize you might not be so excited about the “free lunch” and how it saves you money.
    Having said all this in my little rant, I am not against timeshare or call centers as there are some that work with legitimate resorts, unfortunately the Sunset is not one of them.

8. Epic

Epic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just want to point out that Tony joined today, and his first post was about the company he works for...

9. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First post on the forum. At the same time the English has a lot to be desired. I wonder if this is someone who is a non-Mexican looking for Mexican citizenship or someone who is not very good at translating from another language to English.

10. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First post on the forum, joined the forum today, obvious non-native English speaker. Do I suspect a plant? You betcha! We all know that the timeshare business is "dodgey". I think we're witnessing an extension of the telephone techniques used by Sunset (yeah, I Googled it) to sell us this story.

BTW, a Google search on the terms sunset timeshare scams produces 206,000 returns. Not the impression I'd want my business to make, nor the impression of a company I would want to work for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice