Telemarketing Sales Agents

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Erika in Cancun, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erika in Cancun

Erika in Cancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Earn from $1,000.00 to $5,000.00 per week (commissions+bonuses)

FEW POSITIONS LEFT! Send us your resumé a.s.a.p. in order to determine the sharpest sales agents for our sales room.

Premier Cancun Vacations is seeking for 100% fluent English speaking sales people to work as Sales Agents for our Canadian program.

Skills Required: Outgoing personality, sales experience, Phone skills, Reporting, Languages are a plus

To apply: Please send me an e-mail with a CV or brief work history and any additional information you would like, such as photos, personal interests, languages spoken to: hr1(at)sunsetworld(dot)net and call for arranging an interview.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  2. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve:
    I thought you did not allow this type of ads?
    Once more looking for time share sharks.

3. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought these were allowed since it's posted in the "living in" forum, and people living here may be looking for jobs....like me. Not that I am interested in working for Sunset, but I would love to see more posts offering opportunities for expats. It's not like they are looking for payment for the service, which I could see you banning.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Well.... the description of the forum is:

So I suppose they are allowed, but I must admit I'm not keen on them since those that are posted always seem to be timeshare based.

I think it's misleading to say $1000 per week (commissions+bonuses) is the minimum you will earn with this kind of job.

If you dont make any sales yet still work how much do you make?

5. Erika in Cancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Even if you don't sell at all you'll earn $1,000.00 MXN pesos (per week), indeed. It's a transportation bonus, and there are more bonuses as well.

Just for the record: This ad is for telemarketing, and as you all know, you can not sell timeshare over the phone.

Thanks for helping me clear this up.

6. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't want to be a thorn in anyone's side, but to play devils advocate... isn't timeshare or telemarketing for timeshare one of the few jobs an expat is able to do? So if I come on here to look a job, those are going to be the only ones ever listed...and they are. I wish other opportunities would open up for us, but that's wishful thinking.

7. Erika in Cancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    English speaking people, can work with us in different departments, such as: Telemarketing, Reservations, Customer Service, or several other positions, which are not only sales, such as Social Media, e-Marketing, Copy Editor.
    Bilingual people, with native English and Spanish, could be working as Copy Writer, Executive Assistant or Web Content Developer.

8. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I worked for Sunset I was told the same thing - "Timeshares can NOT be sold over the phone".

But the vacation packages we sold at that time, included a "90 min timeshare presentation" once the guests had arrived to their respective hotels.

Those who did NOT purchase, were treated like crap for the remainder of their stays, and in most cases the "90 mins" actually turned into approx 3-4 hours :headbanger:

I also gave up hoping for my unpaid salary(5 months of "volunteering"...) and the money I paid for Sunset to change my FM3 so I wouldn't continue to work illegally.

Two days after I left, INM raided the place and quite a few of my former workmates were taken in.

Ahhh, "good times" :icon_rolleyes:

Im hoping you have cleaned this up for the unsuspecting people that work for you nowadays.

Ad no, wearing a tag with "Visitante" around your neck doesn't make you immune against INM ;)

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Ah, so it's Pesos. And here was me thinking you meant USD :)

10. Erika in Cancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry Steve... It is the local currency... :icon_wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice