TelCel

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by HammieJ, Apr 2, 2013.

1. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    So it has been a while since I have been to Cancun. Since it has been so long, I'm certain my TelCel number has been recycled. I fired up my old LG today and it now says "unregistered SIM".

where can I go to buy a new sim and get a new number..... as I'm assuming those are my only options at this point.

I tried to get everything fixed here in the states today.... but the guy said TelCel America is much different and it won't work. That and the fact that he wanted like 700 pesos for a sim card when I heard I can get them in Cancun for like 120.

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a store in the Pemex plaza across from Walmart. They had a promo the other day. For I think $250 or so you got a phone and a card with $100 credit. It's a Telhell store but I think a dealer store.

When will you be here. I have a card that someone gave me in exchange for me loaning them a phone. It is good for now but will soon need more credit or it will expire. But I think the number is protected for six months from the last recharge. It will just go to waste if the six months pass. I don't expect my daughter before then.

Now you can go to OXXO type stores and put on as little oas $30. No more scratch off cards if you don't want them. And people can still transfer credit from one number to another one for $1. All these $s are pesitos.

3. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ, it's possibly not the same thing, but may apply to my situation, but let me get your clarification: are u saying that I could take the credit that's on an unexpired Telhell hahaha Sim Card, and transfer it to another unexpired one for $1? Because that would be an option I could use.

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pretty much. I have a plan and cannot transfer credit from a pay as you go phone to a "plan" phone.

Great idea. I guess I should be thinking terms of transferring that credit to my BFF.

5. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ha!! Master Yoda, many things have I learned from you - and now another have I! Thanking you I am.

6. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Yes. I currently have a little crappy LG. I'll be there Sunday. I was going to go to Plaza Las Americas back to the booth that I got my phone from and see if they can help me.

How much would you want for your SIM? Maybe i'll do that instead.

I just definitely need my phone by sunday night. We are going on the Boobs Cruise Monday and a friend will be watching my baby.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice