TELCEL - Not enough money ???

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Jul 2, 2008.

1. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can go to the Chichen Itza Telcel at around 5:30 or 5:45, there is nobody, or at la Isla, since you are closeby, there is nobody either (or maybe 2-3 clients) any time of the day. I am friend with the manager, it is good to know, I can alert him, too bad you trashed the card.

TJ, did you card have the $400 gift?

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Re: Be Careful

I hate to think how much money I've wasted in similar situations. I often end up paying for something I later realise I shouldnt have and then find out the refund process is just not worth the time and effort.

3. Kris in Cancun

Kris in Cancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey TJ,

I bought tiempo aire at the ATM this morning...bought 500 pesos, and it DID give me my 400 extra. I got so used to buying it at the ATM, I didn't know there were any problems with the cards!

Good Luck!

4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I noticed yesterday that the check outs at Wal-Mart still have the signs advertising the 400 pesos bonus with a 500 pesos purchase... of;course it wouldn't be the first time that a sign here was a blatant lie... :roll:

5. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Since I'll be in the US for a little while, I figured I'd send some minutes to my wife. I've discovered you are limited to 100 pesos per transfer but you can transfer over and over and over again. I sent 500 pesos to her phone in 5 transactions spaced as quickly as I could dial. You might ask why the limit. It's because they take a 3 peso fee on every transfer. That's how you become a billionaire, one peso at a time.

6. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    but you need a long time.... even a pesos billionaire :lol:

Actually you can transfer 99 pesos at once, and only one transfer a day, they charge 3 pesos to the recipient and 2 or so to the sender, so THEY become billionaire, faster than you.

If you could transfer so fast, that's not normal :? You are especially lucky :wink:

7. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think they have removed the limit as to how many times you can do it in one day. After all, Slim makes his 3 pesos each time. The money limit is 100 pesos per transfer. Yippee! An extra peso. And I wasn't talking about me becoming a billionaire. I was talking about Carlos Slim :D .

8. YessicaBB

YessicaBB Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am well upset with Telcel. :evil:

Yes they still give you the give of 400 pesos when you buy the 500, but they no longer alone you to use the gift on calls outside of Mexico, this came into effect 1 and a half months ago. So I now have 3000 pesos worths of gifts on my phone that I probably will never get to use as I need to continue to buy top ups to phone home :(

Thanks Telcel for my amazing gift. :::rolling my eyes in disgust::::::

9. Caribbean_Expat

Caribbean_Expat Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You guys need to get a magic jack

By far the cheapest phone systems available, all you need is a high speed connection, it plugs into your usb port

The video advertises that you can call from anywhere from outside the US to inside the US for free

http://www.magicjack.com/4/index.asp

10. americamovil

americamovil Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gift min CAN be used to call out of Mexico if you know how..

Yessica,
    Gift minutes can be used to call places outside of Mexico, no problem. Send your e-mail address to me by PM to get instructions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice