Techno Clubs

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by ambie33, Dec 5, 2006.

1. London_niki

London_niki Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    people in the US usually don't enjoy techno unless they are on ecstacy or coke. i think ameircans are used to more vocal music, hence rap and rock are most popular.

plus we don't understand you europeans and how you could like a song that is the same 4 second loop replayed for 10 minutes with no vocals....you'd have to be on drugs to enjoy songs like that.

3. Ant95

Ant95 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    raindrops excellent song, also check out fedde le grande- put ure hands up for detroit, outwork- elektro, curv as u know these are played every 5 min in montreal
    americans dont like to give things that are different a chance ie techno, soccer, formula 1 racing, etc they just stick with what they are use to and u dont have to be on drugs to appreciate techno

4. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I already have the song. No need to download. :)

5. P H I L A D E L P H

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i saw dj tiesto in atlantic city at the borgata in august and wasn't impressed at all. i left the concert and went to the mixx and the cashbah at the daj and heard much better music.

6. hw711

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like Tiesto. I saw him at Avalon in Boston, Crobar in NYC, and this random warehouse in Berlin the night before last year's LoveParade. I thought he was great. To each's own I guess.

As for popularity of techno (any kind) in the US, I'd have to say it's on the down hill. It was definitely more popular 8-10 years ago than it is today. At least in Boston and NYC, there were definitely more techno clubs than there are today. I am guessing they either get shutdown because of drug related incidents or Americans just prefer music they can grind to.

7. hw711

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Some of my favorite tracks at the moment...

York feat Angelina - Iceflowers
    System F feat Armin Van Burren - Exhale
    Motocycle - As The Rush Comes
    LMC feat U2 - Take Me To The Clouds Above
    ATB - Ecstacy (I saw him on New Years Eve in Chicago)

8. Ant95

Ant95 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    r u kidding tiesto is amazing! i would have loved to see him live
    hw- wow motorycle old school! best song of 03, download outwork- elektro and fedde le grand- put ure hands up for detroit

9. P H I L A D E L P H

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    im not a big techno fan but i do go to the winter music conference in miami every year. its the best weekend to be in south beach.

this year is a little rough because usually i go to cancun for the first week of march and then the wmc is the last weekend in march so i have sometime in between. this year, i come home from cancun on saturday and fly out to miami on thursday.

thats some serious partying over a two week period.

10. P H I L A D E L P H

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just go to isohunt.com and use bittorrents to download cds like the clubber's guide 2007

they have all of the songs you mentioned somewhere on one of their cds (2005, 2006, 2007)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice