Teaching English

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by regan, Mar 15, 2008.

1. regan

regan Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey everyone, thanks for responding to my post. I'm just trying to do a bit of research to see what I need to be prepared for. Any more job info you can give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks again!!

2. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can also try CES or IAS (International American School) both only have english speaking teachers.

The school was made to attend students that come primary from USA and they work with the American school system.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    IAS and CES are a good suggestion. IAS is accredited in the US and in Mexico. So kids have to meet the requirements of both systems. About half the teachers teach in English, the other half teach in Spanish.

CES is also about half English and half Spanish. It's not accredited in the US, but is in Mexico. IAS requires more experience of it's teachers than CES does.

The schools' web site is here:
    http://www.iasces.com/

4. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi! i went to an interview at "Natural Learning" and i dont really know if they hire not mexican people but i saw some lockers with not mexican last names hahaha so you could probably check that out... if you want the information PM me

the good part is you work 4 hours a day on week days and staturdays from 8 to 5

the bad part is that they dont have good salaries...

hope this works for you

5. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been hearing strange things about Quick Learning lately, apparently there is a whole lot of praying going on, lots of religion floating around (and though it may be a rumour, apparently it's kind of mandatory for the teachers to pray).

Just saying.

6. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Regan,

I am hiring for a new call center downtown , if you are interested in phone sales , the shifts are 10 am - 4pm or 4pm - 10pm MON-FRI

excellent commission , you will need to get a FM-3, PM me if interested

7. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Hi, CancunCanuck! I was wondering if you could tell us what the max class size is at Harmon Hall, now? You mentioned in this or another thread that language schools tended to have smaller classes.

[Reviving an old thread, so as to repeat info others offered on this general subject, some time back; and, for those with a general interest in this subject, here is an excellent and detailed analysis of the subject by CancunCanuck, herself!

http://www.cancuncanuck.com/2008/03/teaching-english-in-cancun.html

8. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi V,
    Max class size at Harmon is 15 people, though many classes are smaller than that. Great to have small groups, much more communication happening.

FYI, I'm not teaching anymore, just left last week, but still happy to answer questions!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice